Memorial Day Poem The sun and blue skies soar above the World War II Memorial and display the wreaths of honor placed on the columns. We remember.
This page is dedicated to the memory of those who died in the Nation’s service. They left behind loved ones, college dreams, great careers and a future because they believed in America. They traded it all for limited supplies, hot, cold, and bad weather, challenges beyond comprehension and lousy pay. They never asked to be remembered, these heroes of conflict and battle. It is important to remember so that we do not let our freedom slip away.
Remembrance Confirmed: A Memorial Day Poem
Flags fly at half-staff on this Memorial Day.
Who will remember or even take a moment’s time to pray?
Many men and women died in response to Freedom’s call.
Should we not remember then, dead soldiers, one and all?
A holiday declares recognition of those who gave their life
To protect our country: son, daughter, husband, wife.
Monuments of tribute, wreaths, flags, flowers across the land
Show that we remember the brave courageous band
Of military troops who gave up everything so that we
Could benefit from their sacrifice by remaining free.
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76087 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43130 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36149 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25338 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (22486 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19750 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19546 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (18091 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17628 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15852 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013