One of the great things about crockpot cooking is that you can leave side dishes to cook in the slow cooker while you concentrate on the main meal. This saves you from having to watch a number of pans on the stove all at once. To make this easy creamed corn recipe you simply mix the ingredients together and leave it to cook. Cream cheese, butter, and milk are used with the corn to make it rich and creamy and salt, pepper and sugar adds flavor.
Homemade creamed corn beats canned creamed corn every time and this slow cooker creamed corn recipe is tantalizingly simple to make and deliciously rich to eat. The sugar adds a touch of sweetness, which suits the corn, and the cream cheese adds a creaminess and mild cheese flavor at the same time. This tasty side dish serves eight people but you can halve the amounts if you want to feed fewer. The cooking time will be the same.
If you have only used your slow cooker to make crockpot soup recipes, 4 ingredient crockpot recipes, or lengthy crockpot meals, why not try a side dish next? You are sure to find the preparation of this easy creamed corn recipe very straightforward and it is certainly a very tasty dish, which is nice served alongside pork, chicken, beef, or another meat. Add some potatoes or French fries to the plates and you have a complete meal. Creamed corn is a classic side dish, which combines naturally sweet corn with creamy ingredients. It makes a nice change from cauliflower cheese or plain boiled vegetables.
- 1 lb frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Salt and black pepper, as needed
- Add the cream cheese, milk, butter, corn, and sugar to your crockpot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low.
This much loved classic side dish is simple to prepare and if you are looking for an easy creamed corn recipe, which will cook itself while you concentrate on putting the finishing touches to the meat or poultry, this crockpot creamed corn, recipe is ideal. The results are smooth, creamy, and mouthwatering and this dish looks as good as it tastes. It smells amazing too and you can smell the corn, cream cheese and all the other flavors the second you take the lid off the slow cooker. This might not be one of our most healthy crockpot recipes but it is one of the tastiest and corn does have nutritional value.
Photo Credit: Creamed Corn by Vegan Feast Catering, on Flickr
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Barbecue Baked Chicken Recipes
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast
- Halloween Dinosaur Eggs
- Persian Crockpot Chicken Recipes with Pomegranate
- One of the Best Veal Stew Recipes with Herbs
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata
- Slow Cooker Easy Creamed Corn Recipe
- Indian Style Lentils and Rhubarb
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla
- Easy Chicken Curry in the Crockpot
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe December 22, 2013
- Chicken Ranch Pizza Recipe December 22, 2013
- Greek Chicken Wrap Recipe December 22, 2013
- Chicken and Broccoli Recipes December 21, 2013
- Mushroom Swiss Burger Recipe December 21, 2013
- Peanut Butter Marinade For Chicken December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Meatball Pizza December 21, 2013
- Good Mexican Desserts December 21, 2013
- Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Delicious Jerk Chicken Recipe December 20, 2013
- Baked Omelet Recipe December 16, 2013
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe December 16, 2013
- Home (35537 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (29495 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (18362 Views)
- Spicy Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipes (7318 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (6522 Views)
- Simple Comfort Food – Crockpot Sloppy Joes (6120 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (5149 Views)
- Juicy Turkey Meatloaf in Crockpot (4667 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (4562 Views)
- Homemade Turkey Brine Recipe (3990 Views)