One of the great things about crockpot cooking is that you can leave side dishes to cook in the slow cooker while you concentrate on the main meal. This saves you from having to watch a number of pans on the stove all at once. To make this easy creamed corn recipe you simply mix the ingredients together and leave it to cook. Cream cheese, butter, and milk are used with the corn to make it rich and creamy and salt, pepper and sugar adds flavor.
Homemade creamed corn beats canned creamed corn every time and this slow cooker creamed corn recipe is tantalizingly simple to make and deliciously rich to eat. The sugar adds a touch of sweetness, which suits the corn, and the cream cheese adds a creaminess and mild cheese flavor at the same time. This tasty side dish serves eight people but you can halve the amounts if you want to feed fewer. The cooking time will be the same.
If you have only used your slow cooker to make crockpot soup recipes, 4 ingredient crockpot recipes, or lengthy crockpot meals, why not try a side dish next? You are sure to find the preparation of this easy creamed corn recipe very straightforward and it is certainly a very tasty dish, which is nice served alongside pork, chicken, beef, or another meat. Add some potatoes or French fries to the plates and you have a complete meal. Creamed corn is a classic side dish, which combines naturally sweet corn with creamy ingredients. It makes a nice change from cauliflower cheese or plain boiled vegetables.
- 1 lb frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Salt and black pepper, as needed
- Add the cream cheese, milk, butter, corn, and sugar to your crockpot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low.
This much loved classic side dish is simple to prepare and if you are looking for an easy creamed corn recipe, which will cook itself while you concentrate on putting the finishing touches to the meat or poultry, this crockpot creamed corn, recipe is ideal. The results are smooth, creamy, and mouthwatering and this dish looks as good as it tastes. It smells amazing too and you can smell the corn, cream cheese and all the other flavors the second you take the lid off the slow cooker. This might not be one of our most healthy crockpot recipes but it is one of the tastiest and corn does have nutritional value.
Photo Credit: Creamed Corn by Vegan Feast Catering, on Flickr
- A Very Happy Thanksgiving from Recipe Publishing Network November 26, 2015
- Green Apple, Walnut and Celery Stuffing November 26, 2015
- Easy Honey-Roasted Squash November 25, 2015
- Heart-Shaped Cranberry Orange Muffins November 24, 2015
- Pecan Pumpkin Mini Tarts November 23, 2015
- Vegetarian Quinoa Stuffed Peppers November 22, 2015
- Mushroom Pate with Festive Cranberry Relish November 21, 2015
- Cinnamon Pecan Stuffed Acorn Squash November 20, 2015
- Thanksgiving Spaghetti and Meatballs with Pumpkin November 19, 2015
- Creamy Low Carb Cauliflower Mash November 18, 2015
- Crispy Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes November 17, 2015
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Caramel Rum Sauce November 16, 2015
- Gluten-Free Apple Maple Millet November 15, 2015
- Green Bean Casserole with Almonds and Bacon November 14, 2015
- Tomato Cornbread Muffins November 13, 2015
- Balsamic Butternut Squash with Garlic November 12, 2015
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Nutmeg November 11, 2015
- Gorgeous Sausage Stuffing with Cranberries November 10, 2015
- Home (71179 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (41640 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (33212 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (18476 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (13980 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (13743 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (13440 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (12442 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (11242 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (10200 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013