One of the great things about crockpot cooking is that you can leave side dishes to cook in the slow cooker while you concentrate on the main meal. This saves you from having to watch a number of pans on the stove all at once. To make this easy creamed corn recipe you simply mix the ingredients together and leave it to cook. Cream cheese, butter, and milk are used with the corn to make it rich and creamy and salt, pepper and sugar adds flavor.
Homemade creamed corn beats canned creamed corn every time and this slow cooker creamed corn recipe is tantalizingly simple to make and deliciously rich to eat. The sugar adds a touch of sweetness, which suits the corn, and the cream cheese adds a creaminess and mild cheese flavor at the same time. This tasty side dish serves eight people but you can halve the amounts if you want to feed fewer. The cooking time will be the same.
If you have only used your slow cooker to make crockpot soup recipes, 4 ingredient crockpot recipes, or lengthy crockpot meals, why not try a side dish next? You are sure to find the preparation of this easy creamed corn recipe very straightforward and it is certainly a very tasty dish, which is nice served alongside pork, chicken, beef, or another meat. Add some potatoes or French fries to the plates and you have a complete meal. Creamed corn is a classic side dish, which combines naturally sweet corn with creamy ingredients. It makes a nice change from cauliflower cheese or plain boiled vegetables.
- 1 lb frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Salt and black pepper, as needed
- Add the cream cheese, milk, butter, corn, and sugar to your crockpot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low.
This much loved classic side dish is simple to prepare and if you are looking for an easy creamed corn recipe, which will cook itself while you concentrate on putting the finishing touches to the meat or poultry, this crockpot creamed corn, recipe is ideal. The results are smooth, creamy, and mouthwatering and this dish looks as good as it tastes. It smells amazing too and you can smell the corn, cream cheese and all the other flavors the second you take the lid off the slow cooker. This might not be one of our most healthy crockpot recipes but it is one of the tastiest and corn does have nutritional value.
Photo Credit: Creamed Corn by Vegan Feast Catering, on Flickr
Leave a Reply
- Wine Around the World July 7, 2014
- Wine 101 – Which Wine to Pick in a Restaurant July 7, 2014
- What is a Wine Aerator and Do You Need One? July 7, 2014
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sweet Red Wine July 7, 2014
- Wine Making Equipment for Homemade Wine July 7, 2014
- Spanish Wine Information – Grape Varieties in Spain July 7, 2014
- The Main White Wine Types of France July 7, 2014
- Traditional Gifts for Wine Lovers July 7, 2014
- Can You Age New World Wines in Wine Cellars? July 7, 2014
- How to Make Your Own Wine Labels July 7, 2014
- The Best Types of Wines to Age in a Wine Cellar July 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Information on a Wine Label July 7, 2014
- Wine Cork Crafts – How to Reuse Wine Corks July 7, 2014
- Some Ideas for Beautiful Unique Wine Glasses July 7, 2014
- Home (49687 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (40522 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (26199 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (12982 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (10680 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (9237 Views)
- Spicy Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipes (8933 Views)
- Gourmet Bacon Wrapped Hamburger (8026 Views)
- Simple Comfort Food – Crockpot Sloppy Joes (7889 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (7004 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (6938 Views)
- Juicy Turkey Meatloaf in Crockpot (6203 Views)
- Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo (5599 Views)
- How to Make Juicy Hamburger Patties (5383 Views)
- Crockpot Swiss Steak Recipes (5131 Views)
- Best Crockpot Liver and Onions (5066 Views)
- Homemade Turkey Brine Recipe (5041 Views)
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013
- VegetarianSeptember 29, 2013
- ZucchiniSeptember 29, 2013
- VeggiesSeptember 29, 2013
- TomatoesSeptember 29, 2013