One of the great things about crockpot cooking is that you can leave side dishes to cook in the slow cooker while you concentrate on the main meal. This saves you from having to watch a number of pans on the stove all at once. To make this easy creamed corn recipe you simply mix the ingredients together and leave it to cook. Cream cheese, butter, and milk are used with the corn to make it rich and creamy and salt, pepper and sugar adds flavor.
Homemade creamed corn beats canned creamed corn every time and this slow cooker creamed corn recipe is tantalizingly simple to make and deliciously rich to eat. The sugar adds a touch of sweetness, which suits the corn, and the cream cheese adds a creaminess and mild cheese flavor at the same time. This tasty side dish serves eight people but you can halve the amounts if you want to feed fewer. The cooking time will be the same.
If you have only used your slow cooker to make crockpot soup recipes, 4 ingredient crockpot recipes, or lengthy crockpot meals, why not try a side dish next? You are sure to find the preparation of this easy creamed corn recipe very straightforward and it is certainly a very tasty dish, which is nice served alongside pork, chicken, beef, or another meat. Add some potatoes or French fries to the plates and you have a complete meal. Creamed corn is a classic side dish, which combines naturally sweet corn with creamy ingredients. It makes a nice change from cauliflower cheese or plain boiled vegetables.
- 1 lb frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Salt and black pepper, as needed
- Add the cream cheese, milk, butter, corn, and sugar to your crockpot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low.
This much loved classic side dish is simple to prepare and if you are looking for an easy creamed corn recipe, which will cook itself while you concentrate on putting the finishing touches to the meat or poultry, this crockpot creamed corn, recipe is ideal. The results are smooth, creamy, and mouthwatering and this dish looks as good as it tastes. It smells amazing too and you can smell the corn, cream cheese and all the other flavors the second you take the lid off the slow cooker. This might not be one of our most healthy crockpot recipes but it is one of the tastiest and corn does have nutritional value.
Photo Credit: Creamed Corn by Vegan Feast Catering, on Flickr
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Barbecue Baked Chicken Recipes
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast
- Halloween Dinosaur Eggs
- Persian Crockpot Chicken Recipes with Pomegranate
- One of the Best Veal Stew Recipes with Herbs
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata
- Slow Cooker Easy Creamed Corn Recipe
- Indian Style Lentils and Rhubarb
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla
- Easy Chicken Curry in the Crockpot
- Potato Cake Recipe Healthy Vegan Recipes on Video April 22, 2014
- Traditional Italian Easter Pie Recipes with Video April 22, 2014
- Aromatic Recipe – Vegetable Curry Korma Style April 22, 2014
- Quick and Easy Canned Vegetable Recipes with Beans April 22, 2014
- Plenty Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from a Famous Chef April 22, 2014
- Australian Meat Pie Recipe Video April 21, 2014
- Cajun 15 Bean Soup Recipe Video April 21, 2014
- Gino’s Vegetable Lasagna Recipe with Pesto April 21, 2014
- Easy Vegetable Recipe with Garlic and Broccoli April 21, 2014
- Nutritious Vegetable Smoothie Recipes for Your Health April 21, 2014
- Wild Mushroom and Vegetable Pizza Recipe April 20, 2014
- Caponata – Famous Italian Vegetable Side Dish Recipes April 20, 2014
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (39851 Views)
- Home (39768 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (20823 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (8623 Views)
- Spicy Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipes (8208 Views)
- Simple Comfort Food – Crockpot Sloppy Joes (6897 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (6630 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (5465 Views)
- Juicy Turkey Meatloaf in Crockpot (5374 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (5080 Views)