Whether you are looking for vegetarian crockpot recipes or just a beautifully flavored side dish to go with your main meal, this sweet potato casserole is in a league of its own. Featuring the flavors of pecans, orange juice, sweet potato and more, this is a crunchy, nutty, sweet, and delicious crockpot recipe. The advantage of making crockpot appetizer recipes, crockpot dessert recipes or crockpot side dish recipes is that you can leave them alone to cook themselves while you focus on making the main meal because few things are more stressful than having everything boiling on the stove at once!
This simple yet wonderful sweet potato casserole recipe goes nicely with many different dishes and you can even serve it as one of your crockpot dessert recipes, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream melting over the top. This is a versatile dish, which can be served in a variety of different ways.
You can either use fresh sweet potatoes or canned sweet potatoes to make this sweet potato casserole recipe. If you are using fresh ones, just peel and chop them, before boiling them in water until they are tender. Canned ones are ready to use and you can mash them up a bit. This easy sweet potato casserole is really simple to make and the orange juice and pecans give it a gourmet flavor. This recipe is always sure to impress and if your friends and family enjoy eating good food, they will love this crockpot sweet potato casserole recipe.
- 2 lbs chopped cooked sweet potatoes or mashed canned sweet potatoes
- ⅓ cup plus 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Grease the inside of your crockpot.
- Blend the potatoes with 4 tablespoons of the sugar and ? cup of the melted butter.
- Beat in the eggs, milk, and orange juice and put this mixture in the crockpot.
- Stir the pecans with the rest of the sugar, as well as the flour and remaining melted butter.
- Spread this mixture over the top of the sweet potato mixture.
- Cover and cook for 3 or 4 hours on high.
As you can see from the picture, this sweet potato casserole recipe is tempting and sticky. It smells good and tastes really delicious. Sweet potatoes cook well in the slow cooker but to save time you can start with cooked ones and simply allow them to combine with the orange juice, nuts, butter, sugar, and other ingredients in the crockpot for a fantastic finish. The flavors will blend together wonderfully and this is a dish you will want to make over and over again. If you are looking for crockpot dessert recipes, this one makes a great dessert instead of a side dish and the whole family will enjoy it.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Barbecue Baked Chicken Recipes
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast
- Halloween Dinosaur Eggs
- Persian Crockpot Chicken Recipes with Pomegranate
- One of the Best Veal Stew Recipes with Herbs
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata
- Slow Cooker Easy Creamed Corn Recipe
- Indian Style Lentils and Rhubarb
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla
- Easy Chicken Curry in the Crockpot
- Bourbon and Cola Pork Spare Ribs Video Recipe April 24, 2014
- Recipe Video April 24, 2014
- How to Make a Quick Salsa with Canned Tomatoes April 24, 2014
- How to Make Fiddlehead Recipes April 24, 2014
- Cheesy Vegetable Casserole Recipe by Betty April 24, 2014
- Recipes Cooking Food Pictures Video April 23, 2014
- Fried Chicken Video Recipes April 23, 2014
- Low-Fat Healthy Vegetable Lasagna Recipe April 23, 2014
- Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe April 23, 2014
- How to Make Tasty Vegetable Stir Fry Recipes April 23, 2014
- Potato Cake Recipe Healthy Vegan Recipes on Video April 22, 2014
- Traditional Italian Easter Pie Recipes with Video April 22, 2014
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (39868 Views)
- Home (39849 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (20907 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (8656 Views)
- Spicy Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipes (8223 Views)
- Simple Comfort Food – Crockpot Sloppy Joes (6915 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (6702 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (5488 Views)
- Juicy Turkey Meatloaf in Crockpot (5422 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (5115 Views)