Whether you are looking for vegetarian crockpot recipes or just a beautifully flavored side dish to go with your main meal, this sweet potato casserole is in a league of its own. Featuring the flavors of pecans, orange juice, sweet potato and more, this is a crunchy, nutty, sweet, and delicious crockpot recipe. The advantage of making crockpot appetizer recipes, crockpot dessert recipes or crockpot side dish recipes is that you can leave them alone to cook themselves while you focus on making the main meal because few things are more stressful than having everything boiling on the stove at once!
This simple yet wonderful sweet potato casserole recipe goes nicely with many different dishes and you can even serve it as one of your crockpot dessert recipes, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream melting over the top. This is a versatile dish, which can be served in a variety of different ways.
You can either use fresh sweet potatoes or canned sweet potatoes to make this sweet potato casserole recipe. If you are using fresh ones, just peel and chop them, before boiling them in water until they are tender. Canned ones are ready to use and you can mash them up a bit. This easy sweet potato casserole is really simple to make and the orange juice and pecans give it a gourmet flavor. This recipe is always sure to impress and if your friends and family enjoy eating good food, they will love this crockpot sweet potato casserole recipe.
- 2 lbs chopped cooked sweet potatoes or mashed canned sweet potatoes
- ⅓ cup plus 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Grease the inside of your crockpot.
- Blend the potatoes with 4 tablespoons of the sugar and ? cup of the melted butter.
- Beat in the eggs, milk, and orange juice and put this mixture in the crockpot.
- Stir the pecans with the rest of the sugar, as well as the flour and remaining melted butter.
- Spread this mixture over the top of the sweet potato mixture.
- Cover and cook for 3 or 4 hours on high.
As you can see from the picture, this sweet potato casserole recipe is tempting and sticky. It smells good and tastes really delicious. Sweet potatoes cook well in the slow cooker but to save time you can start with cooked ones and simply allow them to combine with the orange juice, nuts, butter, sugar, and other ingredients in the crockpot for a fantastic finish. The flavors will blend together wonderfully and this is a dish you will want to make over and over again. If you are looking for crockpot dessert recipes, this one makes a great dessert instead of a side dish and the whole family will enjoy it.
Leave a Reply
- Popular Breakfast Foods February 19, 2015
- Frankenfood Should We Really be Worried? November 24, 2014
- Poverty the American Shame November 23, 2014
- The State of Poverty and Food in America November 23, 2014
- Thanksgiving Then and Now November 22, 2014
- The Anatomy of a Day-After Turkey Sandwich November 21, 2014
- How to Make a Homemade Hamburger August 30, 2014
- Asian Beef Salad Recipe August 30, 2014
- One of the Best Chicken Parmesan Recipes August 27, 2014
- How to Make Brined Roast Turkey Recipes August 26, 2014
- Indulgent Chocolate Dessert Recipes with Nuts August 25, 2014
- Baked Ham and Potato Gratin August 24, 2014
- Traditional Stuffed Cabbage Recipes August 23, 2014
- Wine Around the World July 7, 2014
- Wine 101 – Which Wine to Pick in a Restaurant July 7, 2014
- What is a Wine Aerator and Do You Need One? July 7, 2014
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sweet Red Wine July 7, 2014
- Wine Making Equipment for Homemade Wine July 7, 2014
- Home (51532 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (40772 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (26562 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (13199 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (10951 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (10609 Views)
- Spicy Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipes (9172 Views)
- Gourmet Bacon Wrapped Hamburger (8270 Views)
- Simple Comfort Food – Crockpot Sloppy Joes (8146 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (8137 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013