Whether you are looking for vegetarian crockpot recipes or just a beautifully flavored side dish to go with your main meal, this sweet potato casserole is in a league of its own. Featuring the flavors of pecans, orange juice, sweet potato and more, this is a crunchy, nutty, sweet, and delicious crockpot recipe. The advantage of making crockpot appetizer recipes, crockpot dessert recipes or crockpot side dish recipes is that you can leave them alone to cook themselves while you focus on making the main meal because few things are more stressful than having everything boiling on the stove at once!
This simple yet wonderful sweet potato casserole recipe goes nicely with many different dishes and you can even serve it as one of your crockpot dessert recipes, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream melting over the top. This is a versatile dish, which can be served in a variety of different ways.
You can either use fresh sweet potatoes or canned sweet potatoes to make this sweet potato casserole recipe. If you are using fresh ones, just peel and chop them, before boiling them in water until they are tender. Canned ones are ready to use and you can mash them up a bit. This easy sweet potato casserole is really simple to make and the orange juice and pecans give it a gourmet flavor. This recipe is always sure to impress and if your friends and family enjoy eating good food, they will love this crockpot sweet potato casserole recipe.
- 2 lbs chopped cooked sweet potatoes or mashed canned sweet potatoes
- ⅓ cup plus 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Grease the inside of your crockpot.
- Blend the potatoes with 4 tablespoons of the sugar and ? cup of the melted butter.
- Beat in the eggs, milk, and orange juice and put this mixture in the crockpot.
- Stir the pecans with the rest of the sugar, as well as the flour and remaining melted butter.
- Spread this mixture over the top of the sweet potato mixture.
- Cover and cook for 3 or 4 hours on high.
As you can see from the picture, this sweet potato casserole recipe is tempting and sticky. It smells good and tastes really delicious. Sweet potatoes cook well in the slow cooker but to save time you can start with cooked ones and simply allow them to combine with the orange juice, nuts, butter, sugar, and other ingredients in the crockpot for a fantastic finish. The flavors will blend together wonderfully and this is a dish you will want to make over and over again. If you are looking for crockpot dessert recipes, this one makes a great dessert instead of a side dish and the whole family will enjoy it.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 03-11-16
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76062 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43072 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36013 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (24997 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (21899 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19245 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19047 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (17888 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17359 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15480 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013