Whether you are looking for vegetarian crockpot recipes or just a beautifully flavored side dish to go with your main meal, this sweet potato casserole is in a league of its own. Featuring the flavors of pecans, orange juice, sweet potato and more, this is a crunchy, nutty, sweet, and delicious crockpot recipe. The advantage of making crockpot appetizer recipes, crockpot dessert recipes or crockpot side dish recipes is that you can leave them alone to cook themselves while you focus on making the main meal because few things are more stressful than having everything boiling on the stove at once!
This simple yet wonderful sweet potato casserole recipe goes nicely with many different dishes and you can even serve it as one of your crockpot dessert recipes, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream melting over the top. This is a versatile dish, which can be served in a variety of different ways.
You can either use fresh sweet potatoes or canned sweet potatoes to make this sweet potato casserole recipe. If you are using fresh ones, just peel and chop them, before boiling them in water until they are tender. Canned ones are ready to use and you can mash them up a bit. This easy sweet potato casserole is really simple to make and the orange juice and pecans give it a gourmet flavor. This recipe is always sure to impress and if your friends and family enjoy eating good food, they will love this crockpot sweet potato casserole recipe.
- 2 lbs chopped cooked sweet potatoes or mashed canned sweet potatoes
- ⅓ cup plus 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Grease the inside of your crockpot.
- Blend the potatoes with 4 tablespoons of the sugar and ? cup of the melted butter.
- Beat in the eggs, milk, and orange juice and put this mixture in the crockpot.
- Stir the pecans with the rest of the sugar, as well as the flour and remaining melted butter.
- Spread this mixture over the top of the sweet potato mixture.
- Cover and cook for 3 or 4 hours on high.
As you can see from the picture, this sweet potato casserole recipe is tempting and sticky. It smells good and tastes really delicious. Sweet potatoes cook well in the slow cooker but to save time you can start with cooked ones and simply allow them to combine with the orange juice, nuts, butter, sugar, and other ingredients in the crockpot for a fantastic finish. The flavors will blend together wonderfully and this is a dish you will want to make over and over again. If you are looking for crockpot dessert recipes, this one makes a great dessert instead of a side dish and the whole family will enjoy it.
Leave a Reply
- Wine Around the World July 7, 2014
- Wine 101 – Which Wine to Pick in a Restaurant July 7, 2014
- What is a Wine Aerator and Do You Need One? July 7, 2014
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sweet Red Wine July 7, 2014
- Wine Making Equipment for Homemade Wine July 7, 2014
- Spanish Wine Information – Grape Varieties in Spain July 7, 2014
- The Main White Wine Types of France July 7, 2014
- Traditional Gifts for Wine Lovers July 7, 2014
- Can You Age New World Wines in Wine Cellars? July 7, 2014
- How to Make Your Own Wine Labels July 7, 2014
- The Best Types of Wines to Age in a Wine Cellar July 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Information on a Wine Label July 7, 2014
- Wine Cork Crafts – How to Reuse Wine Corks July 7, 2014
- Some Ideas for Beautiful Unique Wine Glasses July 7, 2014
- Home (49424 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (40517 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (26196 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (12978 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (10680 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (9226 Views)
- Spicy Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipes (8929 Views)
- Gourmet Bacon Wrapped Hamburger (8024 Views)
- Simple Comfort Food – Crockpot Sloppy Joes (7886 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (6995 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (6937 Views)
- Juicy Turkey Meatloaf in Crockpot (6203 Views)
- Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo (5597 Views)
- How to Make Juicy Hamburger Patties (5381 Views)
- Crockpot Swiss Steak Recipes (5130 Views)
- Best Crockpot Liver and Onions (5064 Views)
- Homemade Turkey Brine Recipe (5038 Views)
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013
- VegetarianSeptember 29, 2013
- ZucchiniSeptember 29, 2013
- VeggiesSeptember 29, 2013
- TomatoesSeptember 29, 2013