Perhaps you like to try fancy bun recipes, such as cheese, garlic, whole wheat and rye buns or ones that have seed on their top. Sometimes, however, a basic bun recipe is really all you need and you can focus on the flavor of your delicious homemade burgers when you serve them in a plain bun.
Fresh bread is soft, full of flavor and has a delicious aroma so why not make this mouthwatering basic version the next time you are making burgers? This is a very easy recipe to follow and anybody can make these. You can either follow the recipe for pretty shaped buns or just make them round. Now there is a certain something to be said for the school of keep it simple and that definitely applies to many things in life and at many moments too. One such moment is when you want to highlight the burger inside with a nice bun but you don’t want it to be about the bun itself but rather the burger inside of it.
For those occasions when you want something that is nice but will allow the burger itself to shine through and not get lost in the bun this is a perfect recipe to use. It will not detract from the hamburger by being a bit old or stale but neither will it over power it and be the focus point of the burger it will just play a nice “supporting roll” so to speak. I mean what is the point of putting together a totally awesome burger only to have the bun be the highlight of the meal. Now usual I am a proponent of the burger begins and ends at the bun but sometimes the part in the middle is the important part of the journey.
- 3¾ cups King Arthur Flour Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup warm milk
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup plus ¼ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2¼ teaspoons Red Star Active Dry Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put the water, egg, milk, ⅓ cup butter, salt, flour, sugar, and yeast in the bread machine, in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Select the dough cycle and first rise cycle.
- Turn the dough on to a floured board and divide it in half, rolling each half into a 12 inch round.
- Spread the remaining butter over the whole rounds.
- Cut each round into 8 wedges and roll them up, starting at the wide end.
- Place them point side down on an ungreased baking sheet or stone, cover with a kitchen towel and let them rise for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and bake the buns for 10 to 15 minutes, until they are golden brown.
With just eight ingredients this is a straightforward and simple recipe for a basic classic bun used all the time for burgers you can choose to add sesame seeds if you like but they really are not necessary merely a suggestion as shown in my version in the picture. To help simplify this one I use the bread machine to do a lot of the dough making process and we only remove it to do the second kneading. Now if you hate doing this by hand you can let the machine do the whole process and just role them out and let them do their last rise and bake them. Nothing could be easier in the bread world.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 06-27-16
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (73451 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (42406 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (34573 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (21775 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (16410 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (15967 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (15745 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (14727 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (14606 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (13610 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013