The Best Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes
Making cold pasta salad recipes is something that you can be creative with, because there are lots of easy pasta salad recipes to choose from. First of all, what is your favorite type of pasta?
Many home cooks often use macaroni but you can also try penne, pasta spirals, pasta shells, or another variety. Unless your salad dressing is very thick, do not use flattish pasta shapes like bow-ties because the dressing slides off smooth kinds of pasta more easily.
Choosing Your Additions
You can add all kinds of things to your cold pasta salad recipes. Perhaps you fancy using meat. Leftover steak, ham or chicken work well, or you could try seafood. Use freshly boiled shrimp or mussels, or stir in a can of drained tuna or salmon.
You can mix and match what you use. Diced cooked vegetables also work well and actually cold pasta salad recipes are a great way to use up those leftover veggies in the refrigerator.
Making a Tasty Dressing
The dressing can be store-bought or homemade but, if you are taking the trouble to make your own easy pasta salad recipes, you should also make the dressing.
Stir some curry powder into sour cream or mayonnaise for a delicious curry dressing (if you are going to use this, try adding chopped dried apricots to the pasta salad, or a drained can of pineapple chunks) or combine oil, vinegar and fresh herbs for a gourmet dressing.
There is nothing difficult about making the best easy
cold pasta salad recipes
and you will discover that all kinds of ingredients work well in this style of salad.
Which do You Like More Cold Pasta Or Warm Pasta Salad?
Cold Pasta Salad Recipes You Can Make with Macaroni
This recipe shows you how to combine cold cooked macaroni with egg, green onions, roasted bell peppers and a flavorful, creamy homemade salad dressing, for amazing results. Although there are lots of different cold pasta salad recipes that you could choose from, this one is especially tasty.
The dressing is made with mayonnaise, parsley, and paprika, so the flavors are kept simple but good. You can adapt these ingredients if you like. Cilantro or basil could replace the parsley or you could even add a few drops of Tabasco sauce to liven it up. The vegetables offer a satisfying crunch which contrasts well with the soft pasta and egg. You can use less mayonnaise if you do not want so much dressing.
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ chopped roasted green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- ½ chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 2 cups dry macaroni
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- Cook the macaroni in salted water as directed on the package. Remove it from the heat when it is al dente, and rinse it with cool water.
- Boil the egg for 12 minutes, and then let it cool. Peel and slice it with an egg slicer or a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the chopped onions. That will take the edge of their flavor.
- Stir the parsley, paprika and bell peppers into the mayonnaise. Toss the cooked pasta with the onions, egg and mayonnaise mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
This is about as close to a summer or holiday classic as they come we all remember mom making that wonderful macaroni salad during the summer when we were young. It is a standard bearer of the summer recipe portfolio as it is loved by kids and adults alike and when we may not know it was just mom’s way of getting out of the kitchen in the evening when it is at its hottest. We do care whey she use to make it we just remember loving it and how good it taste if it was mom just trying to escape the heat that is just an added bonus.
There Are Lots Of Different Cold Pasta Salad Recipes That You Could Choose From
What Makes Cold Pasta Salad So Special
Cold pasta salad recipes are often seen at lunchtime, at dinnertime and they can also feature as a side dish at backyard barbecues or buffets. You might find easy pasta salad recipes at a potluck dinner or a similar event. There are so many different ways to make cold pasta salad recipes and you can even make 3 or 4 ingredient ones.
What to Add
Once you have cooked and drained your pasta, you can toss it with your favorite dressing and some other additions. Creamy dressings often work well with easy pasta salad recipes and these might be made with yogurt, sour cream, mayonnaise or a combination of these, as well as some kind of flavoring like curry, herbs, spices, fruit or tomato paste. Use your imagination when flavoring your cold pasta salad.
As well as meat or fish and vegetables, cold pasta salad recipes might contain olives, cheese, egg, capers, chopped fruit, nuts, or other ingredients. The versatility of cold pasta salad recipes helps to make them so wonderfully unique. Even if you are new to cooking, you will find that easy pasta salad recipes are something that a beginner cook can make without any help.
Make Ahead Pasta Salads
Many cold pasta salad recipes can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator, in a covered container, until you are ready to serve them. This makes them great as a side dish or party dish, because you can make them in advance and then forget about them, allowing you to concentrate on finishing off the entrees.
Greek Pasta Salad Video Recipe
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 07-23-16
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76064 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43073 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36021 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25008 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (21934 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19270 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19060 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (17896 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17368 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15497 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013