This slow cooker recipe for chicken piccata is easy to follow and the resulting meal is delicious. Featuring the tang of lemons and the saltiness of capers, as well as garlic, paprika, artichoke hearts, white wine and more, this really is a terrific dish. Once the chicken is cooked through, you can serve this dish. This takes different amounts of time in different crockpots.
If the sauce is too thin, you can dissolve some cornstarch in cold water, stir that in, and cook for a few minutes. That will thicken the sauce. Serve this with asparagus if you like, or with green peas or string beans, as well as rice or potatoes. Chicken piccata makes a lovely dinner and the flavor is really good.
“Piccata” is an Italian word and refers to dishes which are sliced, sautéed and served in a butter, lemon, and herb sauce. Veal piccata is more common in Italy than chicken piccata, and vegetarians might make seitan piccata. In the following recipe the chicken is browned before being added to the crockpot with the other ingredients. This helps to give it a nice crust and seal in the juices.
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 lemon slices
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 4 oz each
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, quartered
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup drained capers
- ½ can of diced tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper, as needed
- 4 portions hot, cooked asparagus, to serve
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Put the chicken in a Ziploc bag and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet, or with a rolling pin, until ¼ inch thick.
- Take the chicken out of the bag and season it all over with salt and black pepper.
- Combine the flour, lemon zest, garlic powder, and paprika in the Ziploc bag, and then add the chicken and coat.
- Shake off the excess flour and brown the chicken in the oil in a skillet for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Put the chicken in the crockpot.
- Add the wine, lemon slices, chicken broth, and lemon juice.
- Add the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and capers.
- Cook for 4 to 6 hours on low, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with steamed, grilled, or boiled asparagus.
This delectable combination of chicken, capers, lemon and a white wine sauce is a pleasure to look at, but you can do more than look at this photo of slow cooker chicken piccata – you can make your own! This is an easy crockpot recipe and there is nothing tricky about making it. The side dishes you serve are up to you and you might like to have rice, potatoes, or even noodles with this crockpot chicken piccata recipe. The sauce is really tangy and goes beautifully with the chicken. This recipe is definitely impressive enough for a dinner party.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Barbecue Baked Chicken Recipes
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast
- Halloween Dinosaur Eggs
- Persian Crockpot Chicken Recipes with Pomegranate
- One of the Best Veal Stew Recipes with Herbs
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata
- Slow Cooker Easy Creamed Corn Recipe
- Indian Style Lentils and Rhubarb
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla
- Easy Chicken Curry in the Crockpot
- Beef and Vegetable Soup in the Crockpot April 19, 2014
- Easy Slow Cooker Vegetable Recipes with Beans April 19, 2014
- Vegetable Recipes Using Mushrooms April 19, 2014
- Easy Cheesy Vegetable Lasagna Recipe April 16, 2014
- Garden Vegetable Soup Recipe April 16, 2014
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe December 22, 2013
- Chicken Ranch Pizza Recipe December 22, 2013
- Greek Chicken Wrap Recipe December 22, 2013
- Chicken and Broccoli Recipes December 21, 2013
- Mushroom Swiss Burger Recipe December 21, 2013
- Peanut Butter Marinade For Chicken December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Meatball Pizza December 21, 2013
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (39812 Views)
- Home (39541 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (20630 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (8518 Views)
- Spicy Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipes (8166 Views)
- Simple Comfort Food – Crockpot Sloppy Joes (6862 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (6488 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (5369 Views)
- Juicy Turkey Meatloaf in Crockpot (5330 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (4974 Views)