This slow cooker recipe for chicken piccata is easy to follow and the resulting meal is delicious. Featuring the tang of lemons and the saltiness of capers, as well as garlic, paprika, artichoke hearts, white wine and more, this really is a terrific dish. Once the chicken is cooked through, you can serve this dish. This takes different amounts of time in different crockpots.
If the sauce is too thin, you can dissolve some cornstarch in cold water, stir that in, and cook for a few minutes. That will thicken the sauce. Serve this with asparagus if you like, or with green peas or string beans, as well as rice or potatoes. Chicken piccata makes a lovely dinner and the flavor is really good.
“Piccata” is an Italian word and refers to dishes which are sliced, sautéed and served in a butter, lemon, and herb sauce. Veal piccata is more common in Italy than chicken piccata, and vegetarians might make seitan piccata. In the following recipe the chicken is browned before being added to the crockpot with the other ingredients. This helps to give it a nice crust and seal in the juices.
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 lemon slices
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 4 oz each
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, quartered
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup drained capers
- ½ can of diced tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper, as needed
- 4 portions hot, cooked asparagus, to serve
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Put the chicken in a Ziploc bag and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet, or with a rolling pin, until ¼ inch thick.
- Take the chicken out of the bag and season it all over with salt and black pepper.
- Combine the flour, lemon zest, garlic powder, and paprika in the Ziploc bag, and then add the chicken and coat.
- Shake off the excess flour and brown the chicken in the oil in a skillet for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Put the chicken in the crockpot.
- Add the wine, lemon slices, chicken broth, and lemon juice.
- Add the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and capers.
- Cook for 4 to 6 hours on low, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with steamed, grilled, or boiled asparagus.
This delectable combination of chicken, capers, lemon and a white wine sauce is a pleasure to look at, but you can do more than look at this photo of slow cooker chicken piccata – you can make your own! This is an easy crockpot recipe and there is nothing tricky about making it. The side dishes you serve are up to you and you might like to have rice, potatoes, or even noodles with this crockpot chicken piccata recipe. The sauce is really tangy and goes beautifully with the chicken. This recipe is definitely impressive enough for a dinner party.
2 Responses to Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata
Leave a Reply
- Popular Breakfast Foods February 19, 2015
- Frankenfood Should We Really be Worried? November 24, 2014
- Poverty the American Shame November 23, 2014
- The State of Poverty and Food in America November 23, 2014
- Thanksgiving Then and Now November 22, 2014
- The Anatomy of a Day-After Turkey Sandwich November 21, 2014
- How to Make a Homemade Hamburger August 30, 2014
- Asian Beef Salad Recipe August 30, 2014
- One of the Best Chicken Parmesan Recipes August 27, 2014
- How to Make Brined Roast Turkey Recipes August 26, 2014
- Indulgent Chocolate Dessert Recipes with Nuts August 25, 2014
- Baked Ham and Potato Gratin August 24, 2014
- Traditional Stuffed Cabbage Recipes August 23, 2014
- Wine Around the World July 7, 2014
- Wine 101 – Which Wine to Pick in a Restaurant July 7, 2014
- What is a Wine Aerator and Do You Need One? July 7, 2014
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sweet Red Wine July 7, 2014
- Wine Making Equipment for Homemade Wine July 7, 2014
- Home (51528 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (40767 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (26558 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (13196 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (10947 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (10595 Views)
- Spicy Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipes (9168 Views)
- Gourmet Bacon Wrapped Hamburger (8266 Views)
- Simple Comfort Food – Crockpot Sloppy Joes (8142 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (8119 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013