If you like easy crockpot recipes, and especially 4 ingredient crockpot recipes, you will find this recipe very simple indeed. Slow cooker recipes for chicken tend to be straightforward anyway and this is a great slow cooker chicken recipe to start off with. The chicken cooks slowly and comes out tender, juicy, and perfectly cooked, like with many other slow cooker chicken recipes. The paprika adds some flavor and the chicken cooks in its own juices for a perfect and delicious result.
Crockpot meals do not get much easier than this and you can team your slow cooker chicken with French fries, hash browns or whatever you fancy as a side dish. What about making some cauliflower cheese to serve on the side, or some French beans? This slow cooker chicken takes nine or ten hours to cook so you have plenty of time to think about tasty side dishes anyway.
Slow cooker recipes for chicken do vary but this classic recipe combines chicken with paprika, salt and pepper for truly wonderful results. It is not always necessary to use lots of different ingredients in a slow cooker chicken recipe and if you want the flavor of the bird to shine through, just use one or two spices as a rub and cook the chicken slowly for great results. The aluminum foil balls keep the chicken off the crockpot bottom so any fat drips out and the bottom of the bird does not cook too quickly. You will need a large crockpot for slow cooker chicken recipes if you are using a whole bird, preferably an oval-shaped crockpot.
- 1 whole chicken (about 3 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt, as needed
- Black pepper, as needed
- Make 3 inch balls out of aluminum foil and put them in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Rinse the bird well, both on the outside and inside, under running water.
- Pat it dry using paper towels.
- Season it with the paprika, as well as some salt and black pepper and put it in the crockpot on top of the foil balls.
- Cook on high for an hour, and then turn the temperature down to low and cook the chicken until the juices run clear and it is cooked through.
- This will take about 9 hours, depending on the size of the bird and your crockpot.
Like many other slow cooker chicken recipes, this tasty whole crockpot chicken comes out smelling and looking wonderful. The slow cooking process cooks it perfectly as well, giving amazing results. You can serve this chicken garnished with some fresh parsley, like in the photo, or make a sauce to serve with it. Gravy would also be good. The paprika, salt and pepper give the bird a delicate flavor and this is nice served with mashed potatoes or French fries, and perhaps some cauliflower cheese or another creamy side dish to give a contrast.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Barbecue Baked Chicken Recipes
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast
- Halloween Dinosaur Eggs
- Persian Crockpot Chicken Recipes with Pomegranate
- One of the Best Veal Stew Recipes with Herbs
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata
- Slow Cooker Easy Creamed Corn Recipe
- Indian Style Lentils and Rhubarb
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla
- Easy Chicken Curry in the Crockpot
- Australian Meat Pie Recipe Video April 21, 2014
- Cajun 15 Bean Soup Recipe Video April 21, 2014
- Gino’s Vegetable Lasagna Recipe with Pesto April 21, 2014
- Easy Vegetable Recipe with Garlic and Broccoli April 21, 2014
- Nutritious Vegetable Smoothie Recipes for Your Health April 21, 2014
- Wild Mushroom and Vegetable Pizza Recipe April 20, 2014
- Caponata – Famous Italian Vegetable Side Dish Recipes April 20, 2014
- Beginner’s Guide to Grilled Vegetable Recipes April 20, 2014
- Roasted Vegetable Recipe Tips from a Pro April 20, 2014
- Beef and Vegetable Soup in the Crockpot April 19, 2014
- Easy Slow Cooker Vegetable Recipes with Beans April 19, 2014
- Vegetable Recipes Using Mushrooms April 19, 2014
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (39831 Views)
- Home (39659 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (20706 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (8573 Views)
- Spicy Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipes (8194 Views)
- Simple Comfort Food – Crockpot Sloppy Joes (6873 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (6537 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (5419 Views)
- Juicy Turkey Meatloaf in Crockpot (5353 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (5013 Views)