If you like easy crockpot recipes, and especially 4 ingredient crockpot recipes, you will find this recipe very simple indeed. Slow cooker recipes for chicken tend to be straightforward anyway and this is a great slow cooker chicken recipe to start off with. The chicken cooks slowly and comes out tender, juicy, and perfectly cooked, like with many other slow cooker chicken recipes. The paprika adds some flavor and the chicken cooks in its own juices for a perfect and delicious result.
Crockpot meals do not get much easier than this and you can team your slow cooker chicken with French fries, hash browns or whatever you fancy as a side dish. What about making some cauliflower cheese to serve on the side, or some French beans? This slow cooker chicken takes nine or ten hours to cook so you have plenty of time to think about tasty side dishes anyway.
Slow cooker recipes for chicken do vary but this classic recipe combines chicken with paprika, salt and pepper for truly wonderful results. It is not always necessary to use lots of different ingredients in a slow cooker chicken recipe and if you want the flavor of the bird to shine through, just use one or two spices as a rub and cook the chicken slowly for great results. The aluminum foil balls keep the chicken off the crockpot bottom so any fat drips out and the bottom of the bird does not cook too quickly. You will need a large crockpot for slow cooker chicken recipes if you are using a whole bird, preferably an oval-shaped crockpot.
- 1 whole chicken (about 3 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt, as needed
- Black pepper, as needed
- Make 3 inch balls out of aluminum foil and put them in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Rinse the bird well, both on the outside and inside, under running water.
- Pat it dry using paper towels.
- Season it with the paprika, as well as some salt and black pepper and put it in the crockpot on top of the foil balls.
- Cook on high for an hour, and then turn the temperature down to low and cook the chicken until the juices run clear and it is cooked through.
- This will take about 9 hours, depending on the size of the bird and your crockpot.
Like many other slow cooker chicken recipes, this tasty whole crockpot chicken comes out smelling and looking wonderful. The slow cooking process cooks it perfectly as well, giving amazing results. You can serve this chicken garnished with some fresh parsley, like in the photo, or make a sauce to serve with it. Gravy would also be good. The paprika, salt and pepper give the bird a delicate flavor and this is nice served with mashed potatoes or French fries, and perhaps some cauliflower cheese or another creamy side dish to give a contrast.
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Easy Food for Superbowl January 12, 2016
- Most Unusual Finger Food for Superbowl Party January 10, 2016
- Need Dinner Inspiration? Try Easy Fish Recipes January 8, 2016
- How Soon Does Food Poisoning Affect the Body? January 5, 2016
- Garlicky Salmon and Cod Fishcakes with Corn January 4, 2016
- Gourmet Blue Cheese and Pear Salad with a Tangy Orange Dressing January 2, 2016
- A Very Happy Thanksgiving from Recipe Publishing Network November 26, 2015
- Green Apple, Walnut and Celery Stuffing November 26, 2015
- Easy Honey-Roasted Squash November 25, 2015
- Heart-Shaped Cranberry Orange Muffins November 24, 2015
- Pecan Pumpkin Mini Tarts November 23, 2015
- Home (72183 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (41908 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (33651 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (19668 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (14612 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (14223 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (14090 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (12767 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (12427 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (11373 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013