This is a fantastic crockpot chicken recipe for a chilly winter evening. If you like, you can use cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup rather than the cream of celery soup. A lot of people do not like the taste of celery so you can make this alteration without affecting the main flavor of the dish too much. This gives a slightly different flavor to the finished dish. A lot of crockpot chicken recipes rely on soup as the main cooking liquid because it thickens up nicely in the slow cooker, adds plenty of flavor, and gives a nice consistency to the dish.
Crockpot chicken recipes like this crockpot chicken with onion and celery are guaranteed to brighten up a cool evening and this soup smells amazing. As soon as you put a bowl of this in front of someone they will know it is something special by the amazing aroma, not to mention how tasty this looks. The celery adds a splash of color to this recipe and the overall flavor of this meal is amazing.
You can use chicken breasts instead of the chicken thighs if you prefer, since the moist cooking method means they will not dry out. Chicken thighs tend to be meatier and tastier though so if that is important to you, use thighs rather than breasts. This crockpot recipe is suitable for even beginners to make, since there is nothing difficult that you need to do.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 11 oz can cream of celery soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 13 cups white bread, cubed and a bit dried out
- Put the chicken in a skillet and cover it with water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then remove and dry on paper towels.
- Reserve 3 cups of liquid from the chicken.
- Put the bread in a mixing bowl and add the poultry seasoning, onion, celery, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the celery soup and dot butter on top.
- Pour the reserved liquid over the top.
- Stir until everything is well combined and the bread is wet all over.
- Put the chicken in the crockpot, pour the dressing over the top and cover.
- Cook for 6 hours on low or until the chicken is cooked through.
This delectable combination of chicken, celery, soup, and onion might sound simplistic but the resulting flavor is fantastic. A lot of crockpot recipes are very easy and this one is no exception because after letting the chicken simmer for a few minutes, you just need to transfer everything into the slow cooker and let it cook. The celery adds color to this dish and you can serve it with mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta. Serve it like a soup instead if you like, using bread to mop up the tasty juices. Chicken crockpot recipes vary widely but most of them are very easy to make like this one certainly is.
Leave a Reply
- Wine Around the World July 7, 2014
- Wine 101 – Which Wine to Pick in a Restaurant July 7, 2014
- What is a Wine Aerator and Do You Need One? July 7, 2014
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sweet Red Wine July 7, 2014
- Wine Making Equipment for Homemade Wine July 7, 2014
- Spanish Wine Information – Grape Varieties in Spain July 7, 2014
- The Main White Wine Types of France July 7, 2014
- Traditional Gifts for Wine Lovers July 7, 2014
- Can You Age New World Wines in Wine Cellars? July 7, 2014
- How to Make Your Own Wine Labels July 7, 2014
- The Best Types of Wines to Age in a Wine Cellar July 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Information on a Wine Label July 7, 2014
- Wine Cork Crafts – How to Reuse Wine Corks July 7, 2014
- Some Ideas for Beautiful Unique Wine Glasses July 7, 2014
- Home (49240 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (40500 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (26155 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (12950 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (10646 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (9119 Views)
- Spicy Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipes (8908 Views)
- Gourmet Bacon Wrapped Hamburger (8000 Views)
- Simple Comfort Food – Crockpot Sloppy Joes (7862 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (6920 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (6890 Views)
- Juicy Turkey Meatloaf in Crockpot (6188 Views)
- Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo (5547 Views)
- How to Make Juicy Hamburger Patties (5356 Views)
- Crockpot Swiss Steak Recipes (5090 Views)
- Best Crockpot Liver and Onions (5045 Views)
- Homemade Turkey Brine Recipe (4987 Views)
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013
- VegetarianSeptember 29, 2013
- ZucchiniSeptember 29, 2013
- VeggiesSeptember 29, 2013
- TomatoesSeptember 29, 2013