This is a fantastic crockpot chicken recipe for a chilly winter evening. If you like, you can use cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup rather than the cream of celery soup. A lot of people do not like the taste of celery so you can make this alteration without affecting the main flavor of the dish too much. This gives a slightly different flavor to the finished dish. A lot of crockpot chicken recipes rely on soup as the main cooking liquid because it thickens up nicely in the slow cooker, adds plenty of flavor, and gives a nice consistency to the dish.
Crockpot chicken recipes like this crockpot chicken with onion and celery are guaranteed to brighten up a cool evening and this soup smells amazing. As soon as you put a bowl of this in front of someone they will know it is something special by the amazing aroma, not to mention how tasty this looks. The celery adds a splash of color to this recipe and the overall flavor of this meal is amazing.
You can use chicken breasts instead of the chicken thighs if you prefer, since the moist cooking method means they will not dry out. Chicken thighs tend to be meatier and tastier though so if that is important to you, use thighs rather than breasts. This crockpot recipe is suitable for even beginners to make, since there is nothing difficult that you need to do.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 11 oz can cream of celery soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 13 cups white bread, cubed and a bit dried out
- Put the chicken in a skillet and cover it with water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then remove and dry on paper towels.
- Reserve 3 cups of liquid from the chicken.
- Put the bread in a mixing bowl and add the poultry seasoning, onion, celery, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the celery soup and dot butter on top.
- Pour the reserved liquid over the top.
- Stir until everything is well combined and the bread is wet all over.
- Put the chicken in the crockpot, pour the dressing over the top and cover.
- Cook for 6 hours on low or until the chicken is cooked through.
This delectable combination of chicken, celery, soup, and onion might sound simplistic but the resulting flavor is fantastic. A lot of crockpot recipes are very easy and this one is no exception because after letting the chicken simmer for a few minutes, you just need to transfer everything into the slow cooker and let it cook. The celery adds color to this dish and you can serve it with mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta. Serve it like a soup instead if you like, using bread to mop up the tasty juices. Chicken crockpot recipes vary widely but most of them are very easy to make like this one certainly is.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Barbecue Baked Chicken Recipes
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast
- Halloween Dinosaur Eggs
- Persian Crockpot Chicken Recipes with Pomegranate
- One of the Best Veal Stew Recipes with Herbs
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata
- Slow Cooker Easy Creamed Corn Recipe
- Indian Style Lentils and Rhubarb
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla
- Easy Chicken Curry in the Crockpot
- Wild Mushroom and Vegetable Pizza Recipe April 20, 2014
- Caponata – Famous Italian Vegetable Side Dish Recipes April 20, 2014
- Beginner’s Guide to Grilled Vegetable Recipes April 20, 2014
- Roasted Vegetable Recipe Tips from a Pro April 20, 2014
- Beef and Vegetable Soup in the Crockpot April 19, 2014
- Easy Slow Cooker Vegetable Recipes with Beans April 19, 2014
- Vegetable Recipes Using Mushrooms April 19, 2014
- Easy Cheesy Vegetable Lasagna Recipe April 16, 2014
- Garden Vegetable Soup Recipe April 16, 2014
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe December 22, 2013
- Chicken Ranch Pizza Recipe December 22, 2013
- Greek Chicken Wrap Recipe December 22, 2013
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (39830 Views)
- Home (39636 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (20706 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (8573 Views)
- Spicy Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipes (8192 Views)
- Simple Comfort Food – Crockpot Sloppy Joes (6873 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (6537 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (5417 Views)
- Juicy Turkey Meatloaf in Crockpot (5353 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (5005 Views)