Crockpot cooking does not get much simpler than this. To make chicken alfredo in the crockpot, you simply need to combine the ingredients in this chicken alfredo recipe and leave it to cook for a couple of hours. The cheese and garlic are beautiful with the chicken and using alfredo sauce in a jar means less cooking time but tasty results. When people think about slow cooker recipes, they usually envision soups, which take six hours, or stews, which take nine hours, but this crock pot chicken alfredo is ready in two and a half hours. The slow cooking keeps the poultry succulent and moist and combines the flavors nicely.
The garlic powder, salt and pepper add flavor to the alfredo sauce and the Swiss cheese and parmesan cheese enhance the creaminess and the overall flavor. If you enjoy cheesy, creamy pasta recipes and you want to make a simple crockpot recipe, try this chicken alfredo recipe. The results are spectacular and it is suitable for beginners because it is so straightforward to prepare.
This is one of the best crockpot meals for busy weekday evenings and it goes very well on top of steaming hot fettuccine or another kind of pasta. Alternatively, you can serve this crock pot chicken alfredo on top of mashed potato or boiled white rice. The whole family will love the flavors in this delicious crockpot recipe and it will make a change from the kind of meals you normally make on busy weekday evenings.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, in ½ inch cubes
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 lb alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 package fettuccine pasta
- Salt and black pepper, as needed
- Stir the chicken and alfredo sauce in your slow cooker, then cover and cook for 2 hours on low.
- Add the Swiss cheese, cover and cook for half an hour on low or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Season the chicken alfredo with salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir in the pasta.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over the top and serve.
You can see how rich and creamy this crock pot chicken alfredo is just by looking at the picture. The combination of chicken, alfredo sauce, garlic, cheese, and pasta makes a hearty, satisfying dinner and the whole family will enjoy it. This is a quick-cooking meal and the smaller you cut up the chicken the faster it will be ready. A whole chicken breast can take five or six hours to cook through in a crockpot but chopped chicken will take less than half that time. Fettuccine and tagliatelle pasta are both good with this dish, or you could try spaghetti, penne, or another kind of pasta to make a change.
Leave a Reply
- Popular Breakfast Foods February 19, 2015
- Frankenfood Should We Really be Worried? November 24, 2014
- Poverty the American Shame November 23, 2014
- The State of Poverty and Food in America November 23, 2014
- Thanksgiving Then and Now November 22, 2014
- The Anatomy of a Day-After Turkey Sandwich November 21, 2014
- How to Make a Homemade Hamburger August 30, 2014
- Asian Beef Salad Recipe August 30, 2014
- One of the Best Chicken Parmesan Recipes August 27, 2014
- How to Make Brined Roast Turkey Recipes August 26, 2014
- Indulgent Chocolate Dessert Recipes with Nuts August 25, 2014
- Baked Ham and Potato Gratin August 24, 2014
- Traditional Stuffed Cabbage Recipes August 23, 2014
- Wine Around the World July 7, 2014
- Wine 101 – Which Wine to Pick in a Restaurant July 7, 2014
- What is a Wine Aerator and Do You Need One? July 7, 2014
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sweet Red Wine July 7, 2014
- Wine Making Equipment for Homemade Wine July 7, 2014
- Home (69367 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (41349 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (31544 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (17206 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (13745 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (12079 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (12049 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (11556 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (9992 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (9874 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013