Crockpot cooking does not get much simpler than this. To make chicken alfredo in the crockpot, you simply need to combine the ingredients in this chicken alfredo recipe and leave it to cook for a couple of hours. The cheese and garlic are beautiful with the chicken and using alfredo sauce in a jar means less cooking time but tasty results. When people think about slow cooker recipes, they usually envision soups, which take six hours, or stews, which take nine hours, but this crock pot chicken alfredo is ready in two and a half hours. The slow cooking keeps the poultry succulent and moist and combines the flavors nicely.
The garlic powder, salt and pepper add flavor to the alfredo sauce and the Swiss cheese and parmesan cheese enhance the creaminess and the overall flavor. If you enjoy cheesy, creamy pasta recipes and you want to make a simple crockpot recipe, try this chicken alfredo recipe. The results are spectacular and it is suitable for beginners because it is so straightforward to prepare.
This is one of the best crockpot meals for busy weekday evenings and it goes very well on top of steaming hot fettuccine or another kind of pasta. Alternatively, you can serve this crock pot chicken alfredo on top of mashed potato or boiled white rice. The whole family will love the flavors in this delicious crockpot recipe and it will make a change from the kind of meals you normally make on busy weekday evenings.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, in ½ inch cubes
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 lb alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 package fettuccine pasta
- Salt and black pepper, as needed
- Stir the chicken and alfredo sauce in your slow cooker, then cover and cook for 2 hours on low.
- Add the Swiss cheese, cover and cook for half an hour on low or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Season the chicken alfredo with salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir in the pasta.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over the top and serve.
You can see how rich and creamy this crock pot chicken alfredo is just by looking at the picture. The combination of chicken, alfredo sauce, garlic, cheese, and pasta makes a hearty, satisfying dinner and the whole family will enjoy it. This is a quick-cooking meal and the smaller you cut up the chicken the faster it will be ready. A whole chicken breast can take five or six hours to cook through in a crockpot but chopped chicken will take less than half that time. Fettuccine and tagliatelle pasta are both good with this dish, or you could try spaghetti, penne, or another kind of pasta to make a change.
Leave a Reply
- Wine Around the World July 7, 2014
- Wine 101 – Which Wine to Pick in a Restaurant July 7, 2014
- What is a Wine Aerator and Do You Need One? July 7, 2014
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sweet Red Wine July 7, 2014
- Wine Making Equipment for Homemade Wine July 7, 2014
- Spanish Wine Information – Grape Varieties in Spain July 7, 2014
- The Main White Wine Types of France July 7, 2014
- Traditional Gifts for Wine Lovers July 7, 2014
- Can You Age New World Wines in Wine Cellars? July 7, 2014
- How to Make Your Own Wine Labels July 7, 2014
- The Best Types of Wines to Age in a Wine Cellar July 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Information on a Wine Label July 7, 2014
- Wine Cork Crafts – How to Reuse Wine Corks July 7, 2014
- Some Ideas for Beautiful Unique Wine Glasses July 7, 2014
- Home (49235 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (40495 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (26154 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (12948 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (10643 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (9104 Views)
- Spicy Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipes (8907 Views)
- Gourmet Bacon Wrapped Hamburger (8000 Views)
- Simple Comfort Food – Crockpot Sloppy Joes (7859 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (6918 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (6879 Views)
- Juicy Turkey Meatloaf in Crockpot (6185 Views)
- Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo (5542 Views)
- How to Make Juicy Hamburger Patties (5355 Views)
- Crockpot Swiss Steak Recipes (5090 Views)
- Best Crockpot Liver and Onions (5044 Views)
- Homemade Turkey Brine Recipe (4982 Views)
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013
- VegetarianSeptember 29, 2013
- ZucchiniSeptember 29, 2013
- VeggiesSeptember 29, 2013
- TomatoesSeptember 29, 2013