This unusual mini pizza recipe features dinner roll dough as the crust, then the topping is made with eggs, cheddar cheese and tomato concentrate, for a simple yet totally satisfying flavor. Cheese and tomato together make a basic and flavorful topping for pizza, whether you are making a mini pizza recipe or a full size pizza. This recipe calls for eight eggs but use ten if yours are very small, or six if they are extra-large.
Another optional ingredient is bacon and you can cook this ahead and crumble it over the pizzas before baking them, or you could add some ham, cooked chicken or another kind of meat. Some people like to add fresh basil to their cheese and tomato pizzas, and that would make it a “Pizza Margherita” recipe. The egg adds an unusual texture and flavor, which complements these appetizers, making them perfect for brunch snacks too. Making the mini pizza crust from dinner roll dough saves time too. This recipe is very easy to double or triple, and the mini pizzas only take fifteen minutes to bake, so you can make a few batches if you want.
Mini pizza is a great idea if you are serving finger food, because these bite-size snacks are great at a buffet and they are easy to eat with the fingers. They are also good hot, warm or chilled, so they do not have to be eaten right away. What about making this mini pizza recipe when you have friends over or even when the kids invite their friends over? They are also great Superbowl party food. These little treats always disappear fast because they are so yummy.
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 thawed bread dough dinner rolls
- 3 tablespoons tomato concentrate
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, and then add the milk, salt and black pepper.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add the egg mixture.
- Cook and stir over a moderate heat until the eggs are set.
- Take the mixture off the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll each dinner roll into a 5 inch circle and arrange these on greased baking sheets.
- Spoon the egg mixture over each one, then spread some tomato concentrate over the egg mixture.
- If you prefer, you can add the tomato concentrate before the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot, warm, or chilled.
This mini pizza recipe makes some really tempting treats. They are simple to prepare so you do not have to be an Italian chef to make them! The mini pizza crust and topping complement each other perfectly and these bite-size snacks are guaranteed to be popular. There are various mini pizza recipes but this is one of the best. The egg means it is unusual but the cheese and tomato adds the classic and traditional touch that many people love. Serve these hot from the oven, warm or chilled. Garnish the plate with snipped fresh herbs if you like, or simply serve these as they are.
Originally Published in Our Issue #14 January 18, 2011 Newsletter
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 01-20-16
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76066 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43075 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36024 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25017 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (21941 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19274 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19072 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (17899 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17376 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15509 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013