Valentine’s Day is not just for the grownups. Kids love to play a role as well. So how are you going to get your kids involved this Valentine’s Day? One way they could be helpful is to assist you in the kitchen, if you are planning to make a special valentine dessert or a batch of valentine cupcakes.
Perhaps you want to make something special to surprise your partner, and giving a special homemade gift from you and the kids is sure to delight your other half. Cupcakes are always a good idea because there are lots of different cupcake recipes to choose from. Also, it is easy to find valentine type decorations at this time of the year, so you can make a pink frosting for your romantic cupcakes and get the kids to help you with the chocolate candies or heart-shaped jellies you use for the decorations.
If you want to make a Valentine’s Day treat for your kids, to remind them of how much you love them and how special they are to you, then you could make some cute cupcakes for them, or you could even make something else.
Chocolate-dipped strawberries are easy and fun to make, or you could use cherries instead. What about a chocolate fondue? Dipping fresh fruit or marshmallows (or both) into melted chocolate is something which is guaranteed to put a smile on your kids’ faces.
The Perfect Dessert to End Your Meal
SimpleDessertRecipes.orgDessert recipes are something that every home cook should add to their repertoire. A dessert not only offers something sweet, and an opportunity to use fresh seasonal produce, but it is also the perfect way to end your meal. Desserts are just as good after a casual meal as an elaborate one, although the type of dessert you want to make might be different.
If you want to serve something simple, what about making a fluffy mousse, or a layered gelatin dessert? Kids love colorful gelatin recipes and so do adults. A more elegant dinner might call for something like a homemade chocolate mousse or a sherry trifle. A lot of dessert recipes can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them. Others, such as bread pudding or fruit cobbler, need to be baked, and you can serve these hot or warm, with custard or whipped cream.
Choose the Best Dessert Recipe
When choosing which dessert recipe to make, to end your meal with, consider the meal itself. If you are serving something heavy and filling, you might prefer to serve a sorbet or simple gelatin recipe, as a light finish. If the meal is simple and light, you can serve something heavier as the next course. Perhaps you fancy making a frosted chocolate cake or another rich recipe.
You can find all the dessert recipes you will ever need at DecadentDessertRecipes.com including gelatin recipes, cheesecake recipes, tips for making great mousse, hot dessert recipes, and plenty more.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 02-08-16
Originally Published in Our Issue #15 February 14, 2012 Newsletter
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76061 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43070 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36008 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (24983 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (21866 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19235 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19008 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (17880 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17342 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15464 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013