If you have not already made red beans in a crockpot, this is an ideal recipe to try. Maybe you have only made easy crockpot recipes with beef before or chicken stew or soup recipes, but slow cookers are just as good at cooking vegetarian recipes and beans come out nicely. Actually, the slow cooker was first invented as a bean cooker, since dried beans need to soak overnight and then cook slowly, so why not make this red beans in a crockpot recipe and discover how fantastic they come out?
Beans are a tasty and cheap source of protein and, when served with rice, make up a balanced meal. If you have a rice cooker, you can program that before you go to work too and both the red beans and the rice will be ready when you get home. Steamed brown rice is nice with this crockpot recipe but white rice is fine too. The Creole flavor in this recipe blends nicely with the garlic, herbs, and the beans, making this a flavorful meal as well as a healthy one.
If you like, you could add some bacon to this recipe. Some people do not consider a meat-free meal a meal (although of course it is!) but if you like the saltiness and meatiness that bacon adds to a dish, throw it in. Most easy crockpot recipes are open to adaptation and if you fancy adding extra ingredients, go for it. Using your imagination is part of being a great cook.
- 2 x 16 oz cans precooked kidney beans
- 1 onion, minced
- 12 oz can tomatoes, diced or crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- Rinse the kidney beans and add them to the crockpot.
- Add everything else and cook for 6 to 8 hours on the low setting. Serve with rice.
The bright red color of these red beans in a crockpot is part of their tempting appeal and the aroma is another. The onion, celery, bell peppers, and seasonings make this crockpot bean recipe really special and the Creole seasoning adds an authentic southern flavor. The fresh parsley and basil give the dish a homemade taste and make it taste really fresh. If you enjoy using beans in your recipes, why not make these red beans in a crockpot? You can serve this as a side dish or entree and since all you have to do is add the ingredients to the slow cooker and switch the machine on, it could not be simpler.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Barbecue Baked Chicken Recipes
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast
- Halloween Dinosaur Eggs
- Persian Crockpot Chicken Recipes with Pomegranate
- One of the Best Veal Stew Recipes with Herbs
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata
- Slow Cooker Easy Creamed Corn Recipe
- Indian Style Lentils and Rhubarb
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla
- Easy Chicken Curry in the Crockpot
- Potato Cake Recipe Healthy Vegan Recipes on Video April 22, 2014
- Traditional Italian Easter Pie Recipes with Video April 22, 2014
- Aromatic Recipe – Vegetable Curry Korma Style April 22, 2014
- Quick and Easy Canned Vegetable Recipes with Beans April 22, 2014
- Plenty Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from a Famous Chef April 22, 2014
- Australian Meat Pie Recipe Video April 21, 2014
- Cajun 15 Bean Soup Recipe Video April 21, 2014
- Gino’s Vegetable Lasagna Recipe with Pesto April 21, 2014
- Easy Vegetable Recipe with Garlic and Broccoli April 21, 2014
- Nutritious Vegetable Smoothie Recipes for Your Health April 21, 2014
- Wild Mushroom and Vegetable Pizza Recipe April 20, 2014
- Caponata – Famous Italian Vegetable Side Dish Recipes April 20, 2014
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (39851 Views)
- Home (39758 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (20819 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (8623 Views)
- Spicy Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipes (8208 Views)
- Simple Comfort Food – Crockpot Sloppy Joes (6896 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (6627 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (5461 Views)
- Juicy Turkey Meatloaf in Crockpot (5374 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (5080 Views)