Looking for a quick snack that tastes incredible? Try this delicious recipe and you’ll find out for yourself what makes it so darn good! Delight the whole family with some homemade delicious sweet bread. If you’re looking for a quick gift idea, a loaf of this makes a wonderful gift for both young and old and it has a very festive flavor that is perfect for holiday time.
Decadent and Fantastic Poppy Seed Bread
Why not treat your family to a deliciously unique and oh so decadent slice of this warm and fresh out of the oven this weekend? The rich aroma of vanilla pudding, eggs, sherry, poppy seeds and sour cream blended with a box of yellow cake mix that when mixed according to the directions below creates an awesome and surprisingly tasty treat that will be well received by everyone you chose to share this with. Serve this with specialty gourmet coffee, tea or a glass of milk for the younger ones and bit of honey butter generously spread on top.
What Goes into Preparing this Delicious Bread?
This recipe is very simple to follow and the results are outstanding. This not only tastes good but it has a magnificent texture that separates it from other kinds of baked goods with a lighter and more cake like texture not found in a lot of others. The flavor and consistency of the seeds add to its appeal and you will see the other ingredients in the recipe which make it even more scrumptious, such as the delectable vanilla pudding that helps keep it super moist and also good.
The sour cream and sherry add even more flavor layers and a depth of taste not found in many others. All you need to do is beat the ingredients together and spoon the batter into a loaf tin. The loaf will rise up as it bakes and if you have a glass oven door you will be able to watch this happening as its scrumptious smell drifts through the kitchen. Enjoy this warm from the oven with some butter spread on top, or have it when it has cooled down with some country preserves. You can keep it fresh in an airtight container for several days if it last that long.
Offering a wonderful blend of moistness and flavor, this is amazing for a mid-afternoon snack when it is not quite dinner time but you fancy something yummy to break up the afternoon. It is also great for breakfast, or try serving it with some vanilla ice cream as an unusual late night dessert.
- 1 15.25 Ounce package, Betty Crocker Baking Supermoist Cake Mix, Yellow
- 1 3.4 Ounce box Jell-O® Instant Pudding and Pie Filling, Vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sherry
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- ½ cup canola oil
- Crisco No-Stick Butter Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a pair of cake pans with cooking spray.
- Put all the ingredients (including the dry cake mix) in a mixing bowl and beat until well blended.
- Fill the cake pans halfway and bake for 1 hour.
- Let the poppy seed loaves cool before removing them from the pans.
- Finish cooling on wire baking racks.
You can take this bread to the office to enjoy on your coffee or soda break, to a church social, a neighbor shut in, or even to just enjoy in your own den with family. The uses of this bread and the places and people you can share it with are completely endless, in fact the only obstacle in your way might be your list of friends and acquaintances you chose to share it with, or perhaps there just won’t be any left to share once your family has seen it!
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 08-03-16
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (75848 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (42926 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (35657 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (24258 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (20574 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (18556 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (17589 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (17349 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (16730 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (15248 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013