The Best Delicious Poppy Seed Bread
Looking for a quick snack that tastes incredible? Try this delicious poppy seed bread recipe! Delight the whole family with some homemade delicious poppy seed bread. If you’re looking for a quick gift idea, delicious poppy seed bread loaves make wonderful gifts.
Decadent and Fantastic Poppy Seed Bread
Why not treat your family to a deliciously unique and oh so decadent slice of warm poppy seed bread this weekend? The rich aroma of vanilla pudding, eggs, sherry, poppy seeds and sour cream blended with a box of yellow cake mix that when mixed according to below directions creates an awesome and surprisingly tasty poppy seed bread that will be well received by everyone you chose to share this wonderful recipe with. Serve this bread with delicious homemade poppy seed and honey butter generously spread on top.
You can take this bread to the office to enjoy on your coffee or soda break, to a church social, a neighbor shut in, or even to just enjoy in your own den with family. The uses of this bread and the places and people you can share it with are completely endless, in fact the only obstacle in your way might be your list of friends and acquaintances you chose to share it with, or perhaps there just won’t be any left to share once your family has seen it!
Do You Have Your Own Recipe for Poppy Seed Bread?
Directions for Poppy Seed Bread Made with Pudding
How to Prepare Delicious Poppy Seed Bread
This recipe is very simple to follow and the results are outstanding. Poppy seed bread not only tastes good but it has a wonderful texture. The flavor and texture of the poppy seeds add to its appeal and you will see the other ingredients in the recipe which make it even more delicious, such as the delicious vanilla pudding.
The sour cream and sherry add even more flavor. All you need to do is beat the ingredients together and spoon the batter into a cake tin. The loaf will rise up as it bakes and if you have a glass oven door you will be able to watch this happening. Enjoy the poppy seed bread warm from the oven with some butter spread on top, or have it when it has cooled down. You can keep it fresh in an airtight container for several days.
Offering a wonderful blend of moistness and flavor, this poppy seed bread is wonderful for a mid-afternoon snack when it is not quite dinner time but you fancy something yummy to break up the afternoon. It is also great for breakfast, or try serving it with vanilla ice cream as an unusual dessert.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup sherry
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 ½ oz box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a pair of cake pans with cooking spray.
- Put all the ingredients (including the dry cake mix) in a mixing bowl and beat until well blended.
- Fill the cake pans halfway and bake for 1 hour.
- Let the poppy seed loaves cool before removing them from the pans.
Photo Credit: lemon poppyseed bread by looseid, on Flickr
Leave a Reply
- Frankenfood Should We Really be Worried? November 24, 2014
- Poverty the American Shame November 23, 2014
- The State of Poverty and Food in America November 23, 2014
- Thanksgiving Then and Now November 22, 2014
- The Anatomy of a Day-After Turkey Sandwich November 21, 2014
- How to Make a Homemade Hamburger August 30, 2014
- Asian Beef Salad Recipe August 30, 2014
- One of the Best Chicken Parmesan Recipes August 27, 2014
- How to Make Brined Roast Turkey Recipes August 26, 2014
- Indulgent Chocolate Dessert Recipes with Nuts August 25, 2014
- Baked Ham and Potato Gratin August 24, 2014
- Traditional Stuffed Cabbage Recipes August 23, 2014
- Wine Around the World July 7, 2014
- Wine 101 – Which Wine to Pick in a Restaurant July 7, 2014
- Home (51345 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (40692 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (26449 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (13130 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (10861 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (10103 Views)
- Spicy Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipes (9090 Views)
- Gourmet Bacon Wrapped Hamburger (8184 Views)
- Simple Comfort Food – Crockpot Sloppy Joes (8067 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (7776 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (7084 Views)
- Juicy Turkey Meatloaf in Crockpot (6323 Views)
- Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo (5830 Views)
- How to Make Juicy Hamburger Patties (5553 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (5503 Views)
- Homemade Turkey Brine Recipe (5403 Views)
- Crockpot Swiss Steak Recipes (5326 Views)
- Best Crockpot Liver and Onions (5226 Views)
- Glazed Carrots Recipe (5153 Views)
- Vegetarian Cranberry Chickpea Salad (5107 Views)
- Easy Crock Pot Pot Roast (4818 Views)
- Chicken Risotto with Healthy Vegetables (4692 Views)
- Traditional German Pumpernickel Hamburger Bun (4574 Views)
- Best Ever Shepards Pie (4472 Views)
- Fresh Cranberry Salad Recipe (4458 Views)
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013
- VegetarianSeptember 29, 2013
- ZucchiniSeptember 29, 2013
- VeggiesSeptember 29, 2013
- TomatoesSeptember 29, 2013
- SpinachSeptember 29, 2013
- RiceSeptember 29, 2013
- RhubarbSeptember 29, 2013
- PumpkinSeptember 29, 2013
- PotatoesSeptember 29, 2013
- PeppersSeptember 29, 2013