The Best Delicious Poppy Seed Bread
Looking for a quick snack that tastes incredible? Try this delicious poppy seed bread recipe! Delight the whole family with some homemade delicious poppy seed bread. If you’re looking for a quick gift idea, delicious poppy seed bread loaves make wonderful gifts.
Decadent and Fantastic Poppy Seed Bread
Why not treat your family to a deliciously unique and oh so decadent slice of warm poppy seed bread this weekend? The rich aroma of vanilla pudding, eggs, sherry, poppy seeds and sour cream blended with a box of yellow cake mix that when mixed according to below directions creates an awesome and surprisingly tasty poppy seed bread that will be well received by everyone you chose to share this wonderful recipe with. Serve this bread with delicious homemade poppy seed and honey butter generously spread on top.
You can take this bread to the office to enjoy on your coffee or soda break, to a church social, a neighbor shut in, or even to just enjoy in your own den with family. The uses of this bread and the places and people you can share it with are completely endless, in fact the only obstacle in your way might be your list of friends and acquaintances you chose to share it with, or perhaps there just won’t be any left to share once your family has seen it!
Do You Have Your Own Recipe for Poppy Seed Bread?
Directions for Poppy Seed Bread Made with Pudding
How to Prepare Delicious Poppy Seed Bread
This recipe is very simple to follow and the results are outstanding. Poppy seed bread not only tastes good but it has a wonderful texture. The flavor and texture of the poppy seeds add to its appeal and you will see the other ingredients in the recipe which make it even more delicious, such as the delicious vanilla pudding.
The sour cream and sherry add even more flavor. All you need to do is beat the ingredients together and spoon the batter into a cake tin. The loaf will rise up as it bakes and if you have a glass oven door you will be able to watch this happening. Enjoy the poppy seed bread warm from the oven with some butter spread on top, or have it when it has cooled down. You can keep it fresh in an airtight container for several days.
Offering a wonderful blend of moistness and flavor, this poppy seed bread is wonderful for a mid-afternoon snack when it is not quite dinner time but you fancy something yummy to break up the afternoon. It is also great for breakfast, or try serving it with vanilla ice cream as an unusual dessert.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup sherry
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 ½ oz box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a pair of cake pans with cooking spray.
- Put all the ingredients (including the dry cake mix) in a mixing bowl and beat until well blended.
- Fill the cake pans halfway and bake for 1 hour.
- Let the poppy seed loaves cool before removing them from the pans.
Photo Credit: lemon poppyseed bread by looseid, on Flickr
- A Very Happy Thanksgiving from Recipe Publishing Network November 26, 2015
- Green Apple, Walnut and Celery Stuffing November 26, 2015
- Easy Honey-Roasted Squash November 25, 2015
- Heart-Shaped Cranberry Orange Muffins November 24, 2015
- Pecan Pumpkin Mini Tarts November 23, 2015
- Vegetarian Quinoa Stuffed Peppers November 22, 2015
- Mushroom Pate with Festive Cranberry Relish November 21, 2015
- Cinnamon Pecan Stuffed Acorn Squash November 20, 2015
- Thanksgiving Spaghetti and Meatballs with Pumpkin November 19, 2015
- Creamy Low Carb Cauliflower Mash November 18, 2015
- Crispy Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes November 17, 2015
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Caramel Rum Sauce November 16, 2015
- Gluten-Free Apple Maple Millet November 15, 2015
- Green Bean Casserole with Almonds and Bacon November 14, 2015
- Tomato Cornbread Muffins November 13, 2015
- Balsamic Butternut Squash with Garlic November 12, 2015
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Nutmeg November 11, 2015
- Gorgeous Sausage Stuffing with Cranberries November 10, 2015
- Home (71180 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (41642 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (33214 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (18483 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (13982 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (13747 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (13444 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (12444 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (11249 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (10201 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013