Welcome to our newsletter
Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. I think we have the formatting issues with the newsletter worked out. Took some going back and reworking it so it would try to keep the text right throughout the newsletter but I think we have it now. You can still get the full version online at our main company website and that we have down very well with bonus content for our readers. If you haven’t visited the blog late try it out it is not your typical company blog and offers a ton of unique content from many different subjects by our whole staff of writers.
In this issue we have included a brand new steak recipe in calibration of summer and grilling recipes just in time for summertime cook outs. We have an additional bonus cooking quick tips and some other info that is sure to be of interest. If you have not signed up to be an RPN facebook fan we have a new short URL to get to our fan page where whenever we add new site content or new Squidoo lenses you will be among the first to know. We have been busy adding mini recipe Squidoo lenses to our collection of Squid lenses that now numbers well over a hundred lenses.
Facebook fan page: RecipePublishingNetwork.net
We thank you for letting us bring this to your inbox and hope you enjoy it. If so please take a moment while at the site to add us to your favorite social site. Your votes help us keep putting more resources in to fresh new content every month.
Delicious Food Around the World – Making it at Home
More and more people are using a recipe search engine to find international recipes so they can recreate these culinary delights themselves. In fact, where food is concerned, the world seems to be getting smaller. Did you know the favorite dish in the UK is chicken curry and the second favorite dish is lasagna? This is proof that international recipes are integrating into modern cuisine and fusion cooking is an exciting way to combine different flavors from a variety of cultures and countries.
Most of us have a few good recipes that we know how to make without consulting a cookbook but what about making recipes for food around the world? You might fancy trying a Turkish recipe, a Chinese recipe, or a Swiss recipe and this is where recipe search engines come in very handy!
The Best Recipe Search Engines
If you want to try making easy recipes, it is better to use a recipe search engine than to spend twenty dollars on a cookbook. Once you have made some delicious recipes from around the world you will definitely want to make more and buying a new cookbook for each cuisine you want to try can work out very expensive.
The best recipe search websites online are those that allow you to find what you are looking for quickly and easily. Once you have found what you are looking for, you can print off the recipe.
There are also lots of healthy recipes you can find if you use a recipe search engine because more and more people are becoming aware of what is healthy and what is not. Some recipe websites will tell you the calories, fat, protein and more found in each serving of the recipe, which is handy if you are watching your weight or on a special diet.
Using a Recipe Search Engine to Make a Cookbook
Making your own cookbook is a good idea because you will have access to all your favorite recipes. The best way to do this is to invest in an A4 ring binder with punched plastic pockets. When you print your recipes off, you can keep them in this folder and if you spill anything on them, you can simply wipe the plastic pockets clean with a damp cloth. You can make an index page and file your recipes however you like – in order of preference, in order of cuisine or in A to Z order.
There are lots of easy recipes from different cuisines to find when you use a recipe search and it is fun to try cuisines you have not sampled before. You might even discover your new favorite dish.
The Best Drink Recipes
There are many drink recipes from different countries that are easy to make and fun to taste and you can also print these off and put them in your homemade cookbook. If you are making a Mexican recipe, for example, you might like to make homemade margarita to go with it.
There are plenty of recipe search engines if you want to impress your family with a different international cuisine and using the internet to find recipes is incredibly popular, since you have access to hundreds of thousands of great recipes and this method of doing a recipe search is much cheaper than buying cookbooks.
Although cooking is a lot of fun, with today’s fast paced and often hectic lifestyle it can sometimes take up precious time. If you are out at work all day and you only get to spend a few hours with your family in the evening, you are hardly likely to want to spend more time than you need to over a hot stove.
For this reason, time saver cooking tips are a real lifesaver. You can use a recipe search engine to find recipes but very few recipes also contain explanations of how to do things quickly without affecting the end flavor of the recipe. Easy recipes are great but quick and easy recipes are even better.
Here are some handy ways to save time while still making delicious fresh and healthy meals:
- If you find a freezable recipe with your recipe search, make double and freeze half. That way you simply need to defrost the other half rather than cook a new meal from scratch. This can save hours, especially if you have a big freezer and triple the recipe!
- Get the family to help with easy recipes. Older ones can slice and chop and younger ones can stir ingredients together. This makes fussy kids more likely to eat their dinner, the meal takes less time to create, and it means the family can spend quality time together. Why not get them to help with cleanup as well!
How About a Boneless Chicken Recipe for Dinner Tonight?
Whenever you are stuck for dinner ideas, you can let a boneless chicken recipe come to the rescue. This versatile meat has so much going for it; as well as being economical, boneless chicken recipes tend to be easy to prepare and there are hundreds of different ways to give your chicken a unique touch.
At BonelessChickenRecipe.com you can browse plenty of recipes for boneless chicken, each one deliciously different. You might also like to try a different cooking method than the one you usually use.
Have you ever cooked chicken in a crockpot, poached your chicken breasts in wine, or baked them in a sauce? Chicken is suitable for a variety of different cooking methods and it can be fun to try new ones. Our chicken cooking tips category explains in more detail about how best to prepare your poultry.
Boneless Chicken Ideas
Bone-in chicken usually takes longer to cook than boneless chicken so, if you are in a hurry, what about making a speedy pan-fried chicken dinner using boneless chicken breasts?
Healthy vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms, carrots, or broccoli might feature in a boneless chicken recipe and sometimes you can cook everything in one pan, including the sauce, to save time on the cleanup.
If the weather is warm you could grill the poultry. Make some homemade potato salad or another tasty side dish for chicken and you can serve a well-balanced and flavorful meal.
Another great idea for a boneless chicken recipe is giving the poultry an exotic flavor. Does an Italian chicken casserole, a Mexican homemade chicken pot pie, or a Cuban arroz con pollo sound good to you? The sky is the limit when it comes to recipes for boneless chicken and you can always make a great dinner using this ingredient.
More Great Time Saver Cooking Tips
- Plan your meals in advance. You can pick easy recipes for the days when you are likely to be busy and plan a week’s worth of meals. Shop for the ingredients you need for the week and you will not have to panic about what to make or buy and end up buying unhealthy takeout food.
- Many yogurt containers are exactly one cup. Save them for measuring sticky ingredients like molasses or honey and then just throw them away. This saves on washing up.
- Do you have a crockpot? This handy little machine is a real timesaver. Get up ten minutes earlier and put beef or chicken, potatoes and vegetables into the crockpot with some herbs a little water or broth. Put on the lid and cook for eight hours on low. Dinner will be ready when you get home.
Recipe: How Do I Prepare a New York Strip Steak?
If you are lucky enough to have a succulent New York strip steak to cook, the following recipe is guaranteed to make your mouth water. So, why do they call it a New York strip steak anyway? Strip steak is also known as Kansas strip steak, Delmonico, shell steak and strip loin. In the UK it is called Porterhouse steak. This steak comes from the strip loin part of a sirloin steak and its muscle does not do much work, leaving the steak naturally tender. A Kansas strip steak usually has some bone on it but a New York strip steak is boneless and has the name to indicate this. The following recipe combines this tender cut with a delicious homemade garlic butter.
Grilled New York Strip Steak with Roasted Garlic Butter
- 4 New York strip steaks, ¾ lb each, and 1 inch thick
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns, coarsely ground
- Extra virgin olive oil
- For the Roasted Garlic Butter:
- 1 large head garlic
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Take the skin off the garlic bulb and cut ½ inch off the top so the cloves are exposed. Put the garlic head on a square of aluminum foil and drizzle the olive oil over it. Fold up the foil and seal it, leaving it loose so steam can escape. Grill over an indirect medium heat for about 40 minutes until the cloves are soft.
- Remove the garlic from the grill and let it cool.
- Squeeze the contents of the garlic cloves into a bowl and mash with a fork, adding the salt, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, butter, and olive oil.
- Mix well and refrigerate. Season the steaks on both sides and press the spices into the meat. Let the steaks stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Brush the oil on both sides of the steaks and grill them directly over the coals until they are 145 degrees F inside for medium rare or 160 degrees F for medium.
- This will take between three and five minutes per side and you should turn the steaks once during the grilling time.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let them rest for 5 minutes. Divide the roasted garlic butter between the steaks and serve with grilled vegetable kabobs or a crisp salad.
- (Serves 4)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Tips on How to Cook a New York Strip Steak
New York strip steak is one of the most flavorful cuts of steak, which is why it is so popular. However, nothing is so annoying as buying a great cut of steak and ruining it! Undercooked steak can usually be salvaged but what about overcooked steak? What if you burn the outside and the inside is still raw?
Cooking New York Strip Like a Pro
Here are some great tips to ensure that the wonderful New York strip steak you found on your recipe search comes out perfectly.
First of all, make sure you have a good piece of steak. The fresher the New York strip steak is, the nicer it will taste. Add some salt and pepper and perhaps some garlic. Remember that you are using a naturally flavorsome cut of meat so don’t over season it.
A good tip for cooking steak is to leave it at room temperature for half an hour or an hour to let the seasonings soak in. This will make the steak more tender as well as tastier.
Alternatively you can follow a steak marinade recipe but because New York strip steak is naturally flavorful do not use a marinade that needs to be left on for more than an hour or so because you can ruin a good steak this way. Marinades that need to be left on for many hours or overnight are geared towards tough cuts of steak which need to be tenderized, not succulent cuts like New York strip steak.
How to Cook a Steak on a Gas Grill
Forget about baking your steak. The best way to cook New York strip steak is to grill it. A gas grill is fine for cooking steak. Set the grill to high and close the lid to let it get really hot.
The best way to eat a New York strip steak is medium rare. Rare is fine too but once you go beyond medium rare, it will get tough. The steak only needs three or four minutes per side to cook. You should flip it just once. If you want to make a nice grill pattern on your meat, turn it over carefully rather than flipping it.
Learning how to cook a steak on a gas grill is very easy but keep an eye on it because if you accidentally overcook your steak there is not a lot you can do to redeem it!
How Long to Cook a Steak
The best way to tell if your steak is done is to make a fist, tucking your thumb inside. If you squeeze tightly, the muscle at the base of your thumb will be hard. This is what a well done steak feels like. Let your hand go limp and press the muscle again. This is what a rare steak feels like. A middle tension is medium. You can use a meat thermometer if it is easier for you. 160 degrees F is medium.
A thick steak will take longer to cook than a thin one, so it is best to either use the fist technique as described above or use a thermometer. Knowing how long to cook a steak becomes easier as you get more practice.
There are lots of steak recipes on a recipe search engine website and many recommend cooking onions and mushrooms to serve with your New York strip steak. You can cook these on the grill too. New York strip steak is a wonderfully tender and juicy cut and there are many easy steak recipes you can find using a recipe search.
More Great Time Saver Cooking Tips
- Chop food into small chunks rather than big ones because they cook faster. This applies to everything from potatoes to meat.
- One pot meals like risottos, stews, casseroles, and soups are easy to make and save on washing up. You can do a recipe search to find delicious and easy one-pot recipes.
- Invest in timesaving equipment. An electric blender, electric mixer, crockpot, pressure cooker, toaster, microwave oven, and electric can opener are all handy kitchen appliances which can save you time.
- If you do not have a blender, crush crackers or cookies in a plastic bag with a rolling pin to save having to wipe up crumbs.
These are just a few of the handy timesaving ideas you can apply in the kitchen. You might find the perfect dinner idea on a recipe search engine but feel put off by the amount of time you think it will take to prepare. Hopefully some of the above tips might help you to save time and feel excited about making delicious yet easy recipes.
Easy Mexican Side Dishes Which Taste Great
If you are new to the world of Mexican food recipes you might like to learn how to make a few easy Mexican side dishes to complement your south of the border food.
The good news is that there are plenty to choose from, including spicy and mild ones, hot and chilled ones, and side dishes to suit all kinds of entree.
Sensational Spanish Rice
One of the most popular Mexican side dishes is Spanish rice, which is sometimes called Mexican rice. The rice for this dish is browned in oil and then sautéed with garlic and onions.
Chicken broth, tomato flavoring (paste, sauce, or bouillon) and vegetables are added to the rice and it all cooks in the same pan. This would be a nice side dish for grilled meat, chicken, or fish.
Brilliant Bean Side Dishes
Beans are easy Mexican side dishes too, whether you choose pinto beans, a black bean side dish, or refried beans. Pinto beans are soaked overnight and then cooked gently with garlic, chilies, and chicken broth. This flavorful side dish is lovely alongside chicken.
There are many more Mexican side dishes to choose from, including all kinds of Mexican salad recipes, grilled onions and bell peppers and cornbread. Even salsa recipes can be considered Mexican side dishes if they are thick and chunky. Learning a few new easy Mexican side dishes will elevate your Mexican home cooking to the next level.
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76066 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43080 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36030 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25037 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (21959 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19283 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19122 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (17912 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17390 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15524 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013