There are traditional food ideas for Valentine’s Day and more modern ones, so you can take your pick, depending what you want to make, how much time you have to spare, your budget, and what kind of food your loved one prefers. If you want to make something creative, you might prefer to consider cakes, cupcakes, and cookies.
You can choose from all kinds of different recipes and make something totally unique. Keep with the valentine theme by featuring pink or red frosting or decorations. There are easy cookie recipes and cake recipes, as well as more complex ones, so whatever your experience you can find a good recipe to suit your skills.
You can pick out some special decorations for your valentine cookies or cakes, and maybe even write your loved one’s name in frosting. This is perhaps more for advanced cooks than absolute beginners are, but you will get kudos for trying!
Handy Valentine Meal Tips
Perhaps you want to make your valentine a romantic meal, and then you will need to plan which creative valentine food to make. Think of an appetizer, an entrée, and a dessert. The appetizer and dessert could be put together in advance and chilled in the refrigerator until required, freeing up your time to make the entrée.
You could start off with a glass of bubbly, and then serve a small chilled salad, perhaps featuring delicacies like asparagus or French cheese. For your entrée, why not go for a good quality steak, served with fries and perhaps onion rings or garlic mushrooms. For the dessert, you could make valentine cupcakes, or serve a rich chocolate mousse. Hand-dipped strawberries are a nice option, and you can feed these to one another.
Do not forget to set the atmosphere as well, since that is an important part of getting your Valentine’s Day dinner perfect. Consider candles instead of strong lighting, and perhaps some soft music playing in the background. Use your best table linens and have some flowers on the table too perhaps. Valentine’s Day should not be a rush, so it is fine to take plenty of time over the meal, enjoying a pause between each course.
If you are not in the mood for steak, what about a creamy chicken pasta dish or a mixed mushroom risotto? Anything goes, as long as it is something you both enjoy and something you are confident in making. If you are not into sweet desserts, a cheese board would work well. Offer three different cheeses on the board, along with some halved fresh figs, strawberries and walnuts too.
The most important thing is, of course, to enjoy yourself, and your special time with your loved one. Take your time in choosing which dishes to prepare and plan something you know you will both like, perhaps either something you have made before or else something you know you will find simple enough. Valentine’s Day only comes once a year, so make the most of it, enjoy preparing special dishes, enjoy eating this delicious food and, most of all, enjoy a nice, romantic evening with your loved one!
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 01-24-16
Originally Published in Our Issue #15 February 14, 2012 Newsletter
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76066 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43073 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36024 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25016 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (21940 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19274 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19068 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (17899 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17376 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15509 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013