The Best Hamburger Recipes for Any Occasion
If the only hamburgers you are familiar with are greasy ones from fast food outlets or lackluster Frisbee-like disks from the freezer, you have been missing out. Homemade hamburgers are really delicious and, better still, they are easy to make, even for novice home cooks.
New Heavenly Hamburger Ideas
Everyone enjoys cheeseburger recipes but have you ever thought of adding the cheese to the patty mixture, rather than topping the patty with a slice of cheese? How about using different toppings for your burgers, like grilled onions, pineapple rings, sliced jalapeno, or sautéed mushrooms. You do not have to use beef to make hamburgers either. Ground turkey, chicken, pork or lamb can be used instead. There are also recipes for fish burgers and bean burgers.
Here at RPN we have taken the content of our old dedicated hamburger site and integrated it into all the other great stuff we do here. You will find tips on how to prepare the best patties and how to cook them to perfection, whether you want to use the grill, the oven or cook them in a pan.
Your Hamburgers, Your Choice
If you thought all hamburger recipes were sinful, think again, because we have healthy ones too! You can use extra lean ground beef and serve your patties with fresh salad leaves in whole wheat buns and enjoy both the delicious hamburger recipe and the knowledge that you are eating something nutritious.
On the other hand, if you want to enjoy a rich and luxurious hamburger, with cheese, bacon, mayonnaise and an extra thick, juicy patty, we can show you how to make that from scratch too. We have burger and cheeseburger recipes that offer something for everyone.
If you love hamburgers and you want to know how to make your own perfect hamburgers to delight the whole family, check out hamburger recipe categories for all the tips and recipes you will ever need.
Things to Remember When Planning
There are some things to keep in mind when deciding on what kind of recipe to make. One is the cooking method you intend or are able to use some types of burgers do better with one cooking method more than another. Also decide what kind of meat you want to base your burger around as do different kinds of meat cook better one way more than another some are better with one kind of a topping more than another.
Some other key factors that will influence your burger are the type of bun, or the kind of cheese you are going to use you are not just limited to American cheese things like Swiss, blue and feta are all good cheeses to use. Also decide what other toppings you want not all complement each other as well as some others for example sautéed onions and mushrooms with garlic is heavenly but say pineapple and tomatoes maybe not as much. Your choices start right at the supermarket try and pick fresh ingredients and remember if you are on a budget maybe limiting your list is better than sacrificing quality in favor of quantity.
Insiders Tips: When buying ground beef for burgers try and choose 80% or 85% fat this will give you a better tasting burger than the 95% lean as it has too little fat to impart the proper juices. (This is of course a health factor then disregard) Also never squish the burgers with the spatula to get the grease out you are squashing the flavor out of the meat and make sure to let the burgers rest for at least 5-10 minutes after cooking so the juices redistribute throughout the meat.
Originally Published in Our Issue #1 May 31, 2011 Newsletter
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-24-16
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76114 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43169 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36229 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25556 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (22876 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (20115 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19745 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (18218 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17810 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (16067 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013