Few dishes can claim to be healthy, easy to prepare and delicious all at the same time, but a grilled vegetable recipe will always hit the spot. Vegetables are an economical choice but you can do such fantastic things with them. If you are grilling burgers, steak, or chicken, why not add some juicy veggies to the grill as well? If your making the main meat dish on the grill then doing the veggies there also is a sensible choice in the fact that you only have to worry about one cooking vessel not having to run into the kitchen to check on something while your meat burns away on the unattended grill while you’re gone.
EasyBarbequeRecipes.com will walk you through how to make the best grilled vegetables ever, whether you are looking for advice about choosing and preparing veggies, or whether you just want some ideas for vegetable recipes. You can serve your grilled vegetables as they are, perhaps marinating them before cooking, or you can make them into pizza toppings, soups and much more. Grilled veggies are really versatile. Much of the vegetable content is the same great content we had on our dedicated veggie site before we expanded to cover all things barbeque not just the veggies. So, see we actual got our grilling roots founded in the vegetable end of the grill and therefore know veggies well.
New Grilled Veggie Ideas
Perhaps you have already experimented with grilled vegetable recipes, in which case EasyBarbequeRecipes.com can offer you some new ideas for your favorite veggies. You can add flavor by adding wine, spices, herbs, and other seasonings.
If you are looking for exciting vegetarian recipes, our grilled vegetable recipes are delicious and satisfying enough to serve without meat, fish, or poultry, if you choose. You might like to use your favorite vegetables, livening them up with a sauce, a marinade, or a special spice mix, or perhaps you fancy trying out some new, exotic veggies. The grill is the perfect place to cook them, giving you the most tender, juicy results. The nice thing about doing vegetables on the grill is it brings out the natural sugars in the vegetables and gives them a nice caramelized and smoky taste all at the same time and the fact that it is so easy is just an added bonus. Most vegetables don’t need any special treatment to be done on the grill and therefore it is the easy solution to your side dish needs.
A grill is a handy piece of kitchen cooking equipment to have and the smell of steak or chicken cooking to perfection on a sunny day is what grilling is all about, but adding a grilled vegetable recipe to the meat and chicken means you can make a healthy, easy and totally mouthwatering vegetable appetizer, entree or side dish too. There are so many vegetables that are perfect when grilled try ones like zucchini, eggplant, summer squash and many more you can even grill romaine lettuce on the grill for a nice grilled salad if you chose.
A Brief Grilling Tip:
Always preheat your grill before you begin to cook on it. This process is done in about 20 minutes to ensure it hits the ideal temperatures that keep your meat from taking too long to grill and to prevent bacteria that might be already on the grill to effectively die. Ideally, you will want your grill to hit 400 degrees if you are going for high, 350 degrees for medium high, 300 degrees for medium heat and 250 degrees for low heat. As an added bonus, this is going to help your meats sear upon contact which adds a depth of flavor to the meat and can help you to get the caramelized color that is considered to be the ideal color for meat that has been cooked on the grill.
Another thing that is absolutely the best on the grill is corn on the cob. Who doesn’t love nice fresh sweet corn? Well grilling it is really easy and can be done a few ways on the husk just soak them in cold water for an hour and then just put it on the grill the water will keep it from burning while it cooks. Another way is to husk it and roll it in foil and cook it that way with some butter in the foil and it is pre-buttered if you’re of the mind to use butter with your corn.
Originally Published in Our Issue Issue #1 May 31, 2011 Newsletter
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 05-10-16
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76081 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43116 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36113 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25267 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (22361 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19593 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19476 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (18041 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17569 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15770 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013