Wine cellars come in many styles, shapes, and sizes and if you are new to wine, collecting it can be confusing knowing which kind to go for. You can choose the perfect one to suit your storage limits and budget.
You do not even need a spare room since the smaller wine cellars are upstanding racks, which hold a few bottles inside. These can hold anywhere from one to about fifteen bottles and they can fit in a corner or closet.
Wine cellars range from under a hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars, depending on size. Starting small is no problem and if you have limited space, you will still be able to get a small wine cellar. You can buy an upright wine cellar, hire a contractor to build you one or build your own.
You will want to compare different wine cellars. If you are using a refrigeration device rather than having a wine cellar under the house, you need to find out if it is noisy, if it expels hot air and how long it is guaranteed for, amongst other things.
How to Store Wine for the Best Results
Wine requires a constant humidity and temperature. It must be stored away from light and vibrations, somewhere clean and well ventilated for the best results. Choose a room for your wine cellar, which is well insulated because this helps to avoid changes in temperature.
The wine cellar must be dark and quiet and you need to store the bottles on their sides so the wine is in contact with the cork, keeping it wet. This means it will not shrink and allow unwanted oxygen into the bottle.
Five Reasons to Use Your Own Wine Cellar
1) Wine is an Investment
Wine is not only a good investment but it is a “wasting asset” which means it is not liable to capital gains tax because it has to be consumed within a certain amount of years.
2) Collecting Wine is Fun
Wine collecting is something that can be fun and you will need your own wine cellar to do this. There is plenty to learn about the world of wine and savoring a fine wine, which you have collected and stored, is a very enjoyable experience.
3) It Does not Cost a Lot
It is a myth that wine cellars and wine collections are only for the super wealthy. This is because a wine cellar can be as small or as large as you line. You might want to have a hundred bottles of wine but there is nothing wrong with beginning with just two bottles or three or whatever you can afford.
4) There are So Many Wines to Choose From
Unless you are only collecting wine to sell and make a profit, choose wines you like. There is no point in collecting really expensive wines just because of the price tag. Instead, choose wine styles you happen to like and you will find them much more satisfying. Taste the wines before investing in them, else you might collect a wine for five years and then discover you do not like it! The fact that there are so many different wines to choose from means it is worth building a wine cellar and collecting some special ones.
5) Fine Wine is Available to You Whenever You Like
If the occasion calls for a nice bottle of wine, you can quickly go downstairs (or wherever your wine cellar is located) and choose one. How else could you have fine wine on tap whenever you need it?
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76114 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43169 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36229 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25556 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (22876 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (20115 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19745 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (18218 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17810 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (16067 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013