Cakes can be cooked to perfection in a slow cooker. They cook for a long time, which makes them come out decadent and moist. You will need to use your crockpot’s high setting, since the low setting is too low to give cakes a good texture.
If you are making a sweet bread, or any bread-like cake for that matter, in the crockpot, you will need to cover the container with aluminum foil or with the lid. Put a metal rack in your crockpot or crumple some aluminum foil to keep the bread off the crockpot bottom. Put two cups of hot water around the container to make steam. If you are using a deep slow cooker, check it often to ensure the water has not evaporated. You might need to add more. Do not take the lid off during the first couple of hours of cooking.
If you are using a standard cake mix, you will not need a trivet or any water. Cover the top of the raw cake batter with a few layers of paper towels instead of a lid or aluminum foil. A slow cooker is more moist than your oven, so the paper towels will absorb some of the mixture from the batter. Leave the crockpot lid slightly open so moisture can escape.
When choosing a container for your bread or cake, choose something that fits into your slow cooker. A coffee can, small bundt pan or metal jello mold might work well. If you want to know where to purchase a crockpot cake pan, try Amazon or other online stores. Your local kitchen supply store might also have some or be able to order you one.
How to Make Crockpot Chocolate Cake
Spray a crockpot with nonstick cooking spray, then combine a package of chocolate cake mix with eight ounces of sour cream, a cup of water, a cup of chocolate chips, a package of instant chocolate pudding, three quarters of a cup of vegetable oil and four eggs.
Cover and cook on high for three to four hours or low for six to eight hours. Of course, you can also make this cake in the oven but cooking it in the slow cooker means your kitchen is going to smell amazing. It is also fun to scoop the cake out of the crockpot.
How Can You Tell When a Crockpot Cake is Done?
The easiest way is to stick a toothpick or sharp knife into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. This is the same method that you would use to test if a cake baked in the oven was done.
How to Make Cornbread in the Crockpot
For the best results, use the recipe on the back of the Quaker cornmeal carton and use butter instead of the vegetable oil for a richer flavor. Combine the batter, following the recipe, then coat your crockpot with cooking spray and put the batter in there.
Cook it on high for three and a half hours or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The resulting cornbread is amazing and if you wondered how to bake in a crockpot, this is a nice recipe to start off with.
Crock Pot SCCPVL619-S 6-Quart Cook & Carry Slow Cooker with 16-Ounce Little Dipper Warmer – Stainless Steel
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 01-19-16
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76106 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43159 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36216 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25505 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (22788 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (20061 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19709 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (18182 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17769 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (16031 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013