Perhaps you have been out shopping and you have seen this cute little crockpot. You want to try making some different crockpot recipes so you bring it home. Now you are wondering exactly what you can cook in there. Actually, you can use a crockpot for many different types of cooking, including crockpot appetizer recipes, crockpot soups and even crockpot dessert recipes. Making crockpot meals is a simple process.
Meats, Soup and Stews
You can dice up roast and make beef tips with rice, for example. You just need to cut the beef against the grain, cook it for a couple of hours, and make some gravy. You can also make any soup or stew in the slow cooker and crockpot soups come out very nicely. For many crockpot recipes, you simply need to throw the ingredients into the crockpot, stir it, cover it, and leave everything to cook. It really is that easy.
You will not have to wash lots of pots and pans afterwards and a crockpot is much simpler to clean than a pan. Most of the new models are detachable and you can soak them in the sink or put them in the dishwasher safely.
Beans and Spaghetti
A lot of the best crockpot recipes include beans and these come out very nicely in the slow cooker. They will cook slowly without scorching and you can let them cook all day, adding some meat, and the meat flavor will seep into the beans. When the juice thickens, you can enjoy a tasty meal served over rice.
You can prepare spaghetti just like you do on the stove and them simmer it with the meat and sauce in the crockpot to allow the flavors to blend. You can also do this with noodles or rice for great results and a lot of people prefer the flavor of rice, pasta, or noodle based meals, which have been allowed to cook in the slow cooker.
Pretty much anything that can be heated in the oven can be heated in the crockpot. It just takes a bit longer. If you have a casserole that you want to reheat, for example, you might not want to put the oven on if the day is hot. Also, a crockpot uses the same amount of energy as a light bulb so you can save on your electricity bills (or gas bills if you are using a crockpot instead of a gas oven) by slow cooking your food.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 01-19-16
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76064 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43073 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36017 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25004 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (21922 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19258 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19057 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (17892 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17360 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15488 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013