There are so many different easy crockpot recipes to choose from that half the fun of modern crockpot cooking is choosing what to make next. Even though it is enjoyable to make international recipes and unusual crockpot recipes, it is still nice to make crockpot classics and there are a few recipes for the crockpot that have always been popular and will probably continue to stay so.
Easy Crockpot Soup Recipes
Most people who own a crockpot have made soup in there, even if they have only used the crockpot a few times. Soup is fantastic when you make it in the slow cooker because the flavors blend really well, you can add any ingredients to it and you do not have to worry about the liquid evaporating like with stovetop soup making.
Soup is always a great dish because you can choose from so many slow cooker soup recipes and you can throw in any ingredients, which need using up. If you have some vegetables in the refrigerator, which are past their prime, add those. If you want to add potatoes, noodles, pasta, or rice to bulk the soup out and make it more filling, you can also add those.
Making Stew in the Slow Cooker
Stew is another firm favorite. The reason why stews and casseroles are popular with slow cooker cooks is that you can use cheap, tough meat in there, safe in the knowledge that the long, slow cooking process is going to make it wonderfully tender and juicy.
Imaginative Crockpot Side Dishes
Crockpots are not only used to turn tough meat tender and to make soups. They are also a godsend if you want to save time. Perhaps you are wondering how a slow cooker could be considered timesaving but look at it like this. If you are having a party and you have ten different recipes to make, you still only have one pair of hands.
If you want to make a hot dip recipe, would you rather have one extra pot on the stove that you have to watch and stir, or would you rather make the dip in your crockpot, where it can cook happily without being watched?
Of course, the crockpot makes things easier and frees up your time to do other things. You can also serve the hot dip from the crockpot. Leave it plugged in so the dip stays hot. There are many other side dishes you can make in your slow cooker. Just browse some of the best crockpot recipes and use your imagination.
Sensational Slow Cooked Desserts
A lot of people are unaware that you can make crockpot dessert recipes but if you have never done this, it is well worth trying. You can make all kinds of crockpot dessert recipes, ranging from fruit crisps and crumbles to thick chocolate puddings and even cakes. Let your dessert cook slowly while you enjoy dinner.
If people take a bit longer than you expected to finish eating their entrees, most slow cooked desserts will be fine left in the crockpot for an extra half an hour, so you do not have to rush anyone. A lot of hot crockpot desserts team wonderfully with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some whipped cream and you can add these in about thirty seconds, making a wonderful looking dessert as well as a fantastically flavored one.
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76066 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43073 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36023 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25014 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (21938 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19274 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19066 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (17897 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17372 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15506 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013