1. Crockpot cooking is easy, even if you are an inexperienced cook. There are 4 ingredient crockpot recipes and 5 ingredient crockpot recipes, which just involve adding the ingredients, turning the machine on and waiting for several hours. Some of the very best crockpot recipes are the simplest ones.
2. Slow cooker recipes are so versatile. You can make much more than crockpot soups and stews in there. You can make crockpot appetizer recipes, crockpot dessert recipes and many other kinds of easy crockpot recipes. You can also match your slow cooker to your family because they come in sizes ranging from one and a half quarts to seven quarts. If you are not sure which size to get, go for a bigger one because crockpot meals reheat well and you can make roasts in the bigger ones more easily. A three and a half quart one is ideal if there are only two of you.
3. You can start your crockpot meals as late as four hours in advance or as early as ten hours in advance. Most crockpot recipes can be cooked on high for four to five hours or on low for eight to ten hours but if you have to leave the food in the crockpot for an extra hour because dinner is unexpectedly delayed it will not be ruined.
4. Slow cookers make cleaning up easy. Most slow cookers have a removable ceramic dish, which is easy to clean. Cleaning one ceramic dish is far better than having several pots and pans to wash up.
5. A crockpot recipe will cook itself. This means you can add the ingredients, combine them, turn the appliance on and go off to do something else. You do not have to watch a crockpot, stand over it or even stir the recipe. Just leave it alone and it will cook your meal perfectly by itself.
6. Sometimes you will not feel like using a regular oven because the weather is hot and you know that using an oven or cooking on the stove makes the house even hotter. Crockpots do not heat the house up like ovens do or like stove cooking does.
7. Crockpots use less electricity than the oven, which means you can save money on electricity. A crockpot actually uses about the same amount of electricity as a light bulb. You can save money on your food bill as well, since cheap cuts of meat come out beautifully in the slow cooker.
8. Potluck suppers are simplified if you have a crockpot. You can warm sauces or dips in the crockpot or cook cocktail meatballs and take them to the party still in the cooker or in the removable liner.
9. You can keep food warm until dinnertime in your slow cooker. Some models have a keep warm setting and will automatically switch to it when the food has finished cooking. This is great if you have a big family and some might be home later than the others.
10. Crockpot recipes are often more flavorful and tender than recipes cooked by other methods. A crockpot cooks a meal in its own juices, maximizing flavor. This also allows for healthy crockpot recipes, since you do not have to add any fats or oils to many crockpot recipes. You can make a roast in the crockpot and it will be tender enough to fall apart when you try to cut it. If you want to make roasts, getting an oval shaped crockpot is a good idea.
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76081 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43123 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36121 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25285 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (22399 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19644 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19511 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (18051 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17587 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15795 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013