A lot of people own crockpots and use them regularly to make the best crockpot recipes. Crockpots cook your food so slowly that you do not have to worry about watching them.
The Best Reasons for Making Crockpot Recipes
If you are cooking a thick cut of meat, the slow cooking process will tenderize it perfectly without drying the meat out. Crockpot cooking also brings plenty of natural flavor to the crockpot recipe you use because the juices have time to set into the meat or vegetables in the recipe.
Housewives in 1970s and 1980s corporate America who went out to work loved the fact that they could throw a few ingredients into their slow cooker and come home to delicious, perfectly cooked, healthy crockpot recipes.
If you are using a cheap cut of meat, you can make it better tasting if you use a slow cooker because the slow cooking lets the fats break down while the juices set into the meat. Crockpot cooking also blends the different flavors of the ingredients you are using in your crockpot recipes. If you are cooking a roast along with the vegetables, the flavor of the meat juice flows into the vegetables and gives them a wonderful meaty flavor. That simply does not happen with stovetop cookery. It can happen with oven cookery but not as well.
Are There Any Disadvantages?
Even though you might have discovered crockpot dessert recipes, crockpot appetizer recipes, crockpot soups and the overall convenience of making the best crockpot recipes, no cooking method is perfect. When you make crockpot meals, a lot of the nutrients and vitamins in food are lost, especially from vegetables.
If you have found some easy crockpot recipes containing kidney beans, you might have been warned about a toxin named phytohaemagglutinin, which can be killed at high temperatures. Crockpots do not reach high temperatures, however, so the toxins stay in the kidney beans and can cause food poisoning. To avoid this, use canned kidney beans or cook them on the stove first.
Some older crockpots might be made from pottery and glazed with something containing lead. Lead can cause developmental and neurological damage and it is hard to remove it from the body. Lead is not used in modern crockpot manufacture.
Washing a crockpot can be difficult. You might have saved time making easy 4 ingredient crockpot recipes but if you cannot immerse your crockpot in water because it is electric, scrubbing at stuck-on food can take a while. Most modern crockpots detach though so you will be able to wash newer types of crockpots in the dishwasher or in the sink.
If you want to transport crockpot meals to a party, a crockpot is perfect because you can carry it with you and plug it in when you arrive to keep the food warm. Crockpots are no good for picnics because you will not be able to plug it in and slow cookers are bulky.
All in all, the ease and flavor of crockpot meals make crockpot cooking something that everyone should try. Modern crockpots are safe to use, easy to clean and their features make cooking easy.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 01-13-16
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76064 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43073 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36021 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25008 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (21934 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19274 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19060 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (17896 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17368 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15498 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013