Crockpot cooking is a lot of fun but there are a few things you should know before you start cooking. If you are looking for crockpot cooking tips, hints and basic cooking advice, read on for some handy hints.
When making crockpot recipes you should use wooden utensils inside the crockpot. Using metal means that you risk scratching the inside of your slow cooker so it is best to avoid metal utensils altogether. Plastic utensils can contaminate food and metal covered utensils can react with the enzymes in certain foods. For the very best results from your crockpot recipes, we suggest you stick to using a wooden spoon for stirring your crockpot meals.
Cooking Meat in the Crockpot
If you are cooking meat, you can save any parts you are not going to use in the crockpot recipe. For example, if you are roasting beef, you can save the stalk and freeze it. Basic cooking tips will tell you to cool the stalk first and freeze it in Tupperware container. You can use it in the future for adding flavor to stews or making crockpot soups.
Easy crockpot recipes save you time in the kitchen and also money. Cheap cuts of meat cook wonderfully in the crockpot and crockpot cooking tenderizes the meat better than any other cooking method.
You might want to sear meat before adding it to the slow cooker. Searing locks in juices and flavors. If you are making a roast, for example you might want to rub some seasoning and Worcestershire sauce into the joint of meat and then sear it in hot grease before adding it to the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Recipes with Vegetables
If you are using root vegetables in a crockpot recipe, you can steam them beforehand to make them tender. If you are going to cook root vegetables and meat in your crockpot recipe however, you can cook them together because the meat juices will help to soften the root vegetables and give them flavor.
If you are using canned vegetables, it is best to add them no more than twenty minutes before the end of the cooking time because you simply need to warm them through rather than cook them. If you are using frozen vegetables you can add those thirty minutes before the end of cooking time, else they will go mushy. The best crockpot recipes will tell you when to add different ingredients.
Fresh vegetables can take a long time to cook, especially dense ones like potatoes, rutabaga and carrots, so the recipe might tell you to put these in the crockpot first, underneath the meat and other ingredients.
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76106 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43163 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36216 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25511 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (22801 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (20064 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19713 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (18183 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17771 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (16037 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013