Crockpot recipes are very versatile and you can use the crockpot to make many different kinds of meals. You can even use it to make brand new meals out of leftovers from the previous day, which is timesaving and saves you money too.
What to Do with Leftover Meat
If you made a roast last night, you will probably have some left over. You might want to make a cold roast beef sandwich with mustard. Alternatively, you can put the beef in the crockpot with some barbeque sauce, let it cook slowly for a couple of hours and shred it. This will give you a warm and tasty BBQ beef filling for your sandwiches and you will only have spent a couple of minutes combining the beef and BBQ sauce.
You can also use salad dressing and cooked meat to make a tasty filling for sandwiches or a flavorful topping for baked potatoes. It is worth cooking extra meat deliberately so you have plenty leftover to make easy crockpot recipes the following day.
Ideas for Crockpot Soup Recipes
Perhaps you have made a tasty homemade chicken noodle soup recipe on the stove. Since the noodles have to be boiled this is perhaps the easiest way. If you want to take this tasty soup to a party, you can take the crockpot and use it to keep the soup warm. Some crockpots have a removable liner so you can use that to take the soup. Soup is one of those recipes that gets more flavor the more it is cooked and there are lots of crockpot soups you can make too if you want to avoid using the stove altogether.
You can put any leftover soup in the crockpot to heat through. Perhaps you are heading out to work. Why not put some leftover soup in the slow cooker before you go out the door and it will be warm and tasty by the time you get home. You can even freeze crockpot soup recipes and thaw them in the crockpot for several hours when you want to eat them. This makes a meal that is even tastier than when you made it the first time around.
Perhaps you have just used your slow cooker to make easy crockpot recipes and quick crockpot meals for the family but knowing that it can be used to make new meals out of leftovers is important because sometimes the meal you make is even better than the first meal and it also means there is no wastage if you make too much roast meat or soup.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 01-12-16
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76081 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43123 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36121 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25285 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (22399 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19644 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19511 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (18051 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17587 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15795 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013