If you want to learn how to make apple butter out of apple sauce in a crockpot or how to make apple butter in the slow cooker, which tastes amazing, the good news is that it is fairly straightforward. Homemade apple butter will keep for up to two years in a jar on the shelf, up to three months in the refrigerator or indefinitely in the freezer.
You will need a six quart crockpot (if your crockpot is only three quarts you can halve the recipe), nine quarts of homemade or store-bought applesauce, a teaspoon of ground cloves, four cups of sugar, half a teaspoon of allspice and two tablespoons of ground cinnamon. You can use grape juice or Splenda instead of the sugar if you want.
How Long to Cook the Apple Butter
Fill the crockpot with applesauce to within an inch of full, then add the spices and half the sugar. Cover the crockpot with a splatter-guard and set it to low or medium. The steam needs to escape in order for the applesauce to thicken, so do not use the crockpot lid.
Let the mixture cook for six to twelve hours or until it is thick enough. You do not need to stir it. Add the rest of the applesauce and the remaining sugar and let it cook for two more hours. Wash and sterilize some jars and lids. The dishwasher is good for doing this or you can use hot, soapy water. Put the lids in hot water for five minutes to sterilize them.
How to Get a Perfect Texture
If you want your apple butter to be smooth, you can use an immersion blender. If it is too thick, add some apple juice to it. If it is too thin, let it cook some more with the lid off. Let the apple butter cook on the crockpot’s high setting for fifteen minutes or bring it to a boil on the stove.
Fill the jar up to quarter of an inch from the top and seal them tightly. Process the jars in a canner, then let them cool overnight. If any lids pop up and down this means, the jars are not sealed and you should refrigerate them and use them within a few months.
How to Use Apple Butter
This Pennsylvania Dutch treat, which is traditionally German, can be served on cottage cheese or with yogurt. You can spread it on toast, add it to your morning cereal, or use it as a sauce with pork chops. It is nice with peanut butter in sandwiches or you can use it on French toast or pancakes instead of maple syrup.
Try it as a muffin ingredient or cake filling or use it in brie or grilled turkey sandwiches. Applebutter is nice melted and poured over hot pecans. Sprinkle salt over them and eat warm as a snack. You can marinate salmon in ginger teriyaki and then add apple butter to it. Wrap it in aluminum foil and grill it for ten minutes or until it flakes easily. Warm apple butter on vanilla ice cream is amazing too.
Now that you know how to make apple butter out of apple sauce in a crockpot, you are all ready to make this fantastic and easy crockpot recipe yourself, to delight your family with. You can also make extra and give it to your friends as an unusual gift.
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76064 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43072 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36013 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (24998 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (21907 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19253 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19049 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (17888 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17359 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15483 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013