Deliciously Simple Crockpot Meals
Some of the very best crockpot recipes are also the most easy crockpot recipes. Making crockpot meals allows you to combine the freshest and tastiest ingredients and let them gently blend while they cook over a very low heat. There are hundreds of different crockpot meals you can make.
Healthy Slow Cooker Meals
Crockpot meals vary enormously and whether you want to make something rich and flavorful like crockpot jambalaya or something aromatic and light like herbed crockpot chicken, you will find that crockpot cooking is an enjoyable way to produce delicious meals as well as a timesaving way to cook.
Good Crockpot Recipes
Are you looking or a snack recipe you can put on and serve while watching movies later in the evening? Week, everyone likes nachos right? How about make some awesomely good crockpot recipes for a cheese dip? This cheese dip is the bomb and everyone around my house loves dipping chips and raw vegetables into the hot savory cheese. No matter how big a pot I make there just never seems to be enough!
Try making your own batch of these wonderful appetizing Good crockpot recipes for Authentic Mexican Spicy White Cheese Dip that the family will come to know and love as mine has. To make this gooey delicious south of the border cheese dip you need, heavy cream, shredded Asadero cheese, green chilies chopped, chopped jalapeno chili pepper, and salt to taste.
Just follow the simple preparation and cooking directions below and soon your family and you will be able to taste the delightful creamy and spicy homemade cheese dip recipe that is easily made in the crock pot. No fuss no mess. Only delicious high protein cheese that is sure to be complete hit anytime it is serve. Try dipping all sorts of your favorite foods to insure the outcome is she4er heaven!
Authentic Mexican Spicy White Cheese Dip
South of the Border Cheese Dip with Chilies
The following recipe is so easy to make and all you need is cheese, chilies and cream. Slow cooking adds a lot of flavor to your food and that is true whether you are making crockpot appetizers, crockpot desserts or a whole meal in your slow cooker. This is why a lot of slow cooker recipes call for fewer ingredients than you might expect. This recipe, for example, only needs cream, cheese, and chilies but the end result is a full-flavored dip which is perfectly balanced and delicious. You can use canned green chilies or fresh ones but make sure they are finely chopped so they disappear into the dip. Of course you can alter the amount of chilies if you want to. Using the amount of chilies called for in the dip makes it quite spicy so halve the amount if you prefer. Not everyone likes really spicy dips.
The best cheese to use for this is Asadero, which you can find at a Latin grocery store. Asadero is a semi-firm Mexican cheese. It is off-white in color and it is sold in log shapes. The reason why Asadero is great for making Mexican cheese dip recipes is that it melts really nicely without going stringy or changing its flavor. It goes creamy without giving off oil, even if you are cooking at a high temperature with it.
The fresh and slightly tangy flavor is reminiscent of mozzarella and it comes from the Chihuahua region of Mexico. Sometimes animal rennet is used to curdle the milk to make Asadero and sometimes a plant is used instead. Asadero is used in quesadilla recipes. If you really cannot find it and you still want to make a white cheese dip, you can use mozzarella, Fontina, provolone, Monterey Jack, queso manchego or queso Chihuahua instead. Asadero is the Spanish word for baking, which is a great clue about how well it does when it is heated.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 cups shredded Asadero cheese
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno chili pepper
- 8 oz chopped green chilies
- Salt, to taste
- Add the cream, cheese, and chilies to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook for 2 hours on low, stirring a few times during the cooking time.
- When the cheese is melted, use a little cream or milk to thin the dip to the right consistency if necessary.
- Taste the dip and add some salt if you need to. Serve hot.
The New Best Recipe: All-New Edition by Cook’s Illustrated Magazine
John Burgoyne, Carl Tremblay and Daniel J. Van Ackere
This enormous book is absolutely packed with recipes. It has 1028 pages! There really is something for everybody. There are also 800 illustrations in there. Featuring over 1000 recipes for everything from macaroni cheese to roast chicken, coleslaw, crÃ¨me caramel, chocolate chip cookies and homemade chicken stock, this is an encyclopedia of a cookbook. You also get tips and tutorials on everything from baking to grilling, and so much more. Whether you are a seasoned chef or completely new to cookery, you will find this book the ideal kitchen companion. It covers just about every cuisine, every ingredient and every cooking method imaginable. This cookbook makes a fantastic gift for a keen home cook or you might like to buy it for yourself. It really is enormous and it will take you years to work your way through all the delicious recipes in there!
A Closer Look at Best Crockpot Recipes
A crockpot, sometimes called a slow cooker, is a cooking appliance that cooks food over very low temperatures for hours. This allows the home chef to create one-pot meals with ease. A crockpot consists of a metal container housing an electrical heating element. A ceramic cooking pot sits inside the metal container and this is where you put the ingredients. Most crockpots feature a clear glass lid so you can watch your crockpot recipes cook.
Why Use a Crockpot?
It is common for families to resort to pre-made, store bought foods to save time in today’s modern, fast-paced world. Unfortunately, this can lead to unhealthy eating habits and a variety of medical conditions caused by poor nutrition. People often feel they do not have time to make a nutritious homemade meal and rely on junk food or high fat, high calorie pre-made meals instead.
This could not be further from the truth! There is an abundance of fresh food in the supermarkets and with modern kitchen appliances like the crockpot, you can make homemade nutritious crockpot meals with ease. You will soon discover the best crockpot recipes for your family and we have plenty of easy crockpot recipes right here for you to try.
Making delicious crockpot soups, crockpot appetizer recipes and even simple 4 ingredient crockpot recipes means you can give your family the nutritionally balanced, delicious meals they deserve, without spending your evening over a hot stove. A crockpot allows you to start a meal cooking in the morning and have it ready when you get home in the evening.
The Benefits of Crockpot Cooking
Crockpot cooking is fun as well as versatile. You can make delicious and healthy crockpot recipes like crockpot white chicken chili, crockpot goulash, crockpot lemon chicken and more. Crockpot side dish recipes include crockpot mashed potatoes and crockpot red beans and rice. You can even make crockpot dessert recipes too. As you can see, your imagination is the only thing that limits you in crockpot cooking and you can make wonderful meals from the fresh ingredients at your local market.
As well as being able to make stews, soups, one-pot meals and more in a crockpot, this handy appliance means that you can tenderize tough cuts of meat. You will be able to create gourmet meals with this remarkable piece of culinary equipment.
You will also be saving money. Tough cuts of meat are inexpensive but you can transform them into tender morsels, combined with other tasty ingredients, when making a crockpot recipe. Fresh produce is cheaper than pre-made meals and so much better for you too.
When you get home from work, spending quality time with your family is important and making crockpot meals means you can relax with your loved ones, secure in the knowledge that you are feeding them healthy and nutritious food. The crockpot can be used all year round to make wonderful meals for everyone.
Types of Crockpot Meals
In the summer, a slow cooker makes a great companion to the grill and you can make magnificent side dish recipes to accompany your favorite grilled meat and fish recipes. When the fall brings cooler weather, you can create warming soups and stews in this great kitchen appliance.
BestCrockpotRecipes.net offers dozens of crockpot recipes for making life easier. You will be able to put together incredibly tasty meals with minimal effort. Enjoy our complete selection of crockpot recipes for appetizers, side dishes, desserts and more. We offer an extensive and growing selection of handpicked recipes for the crockpot, which have been developed by our food expert team, especially for you and your family. You will be able to enjoy a great meal and the extra time saved by using a crockpot, making it a truly valuable asset in the kitchen.
Crockpot White Chicken Chili
This crockpot white chicken chili is a beautiful recipe to make on a cool fall evening or a cold winter night. The chicken is brilliant with the onion, garlic, wine, and bean flavors and this is certainly a satisfying and warming dish worthy of being added to your list of the best crockpot recipes. This can also be counted as one of the most easy crockpot recipes because, after browning the chicken, onion, and garlic, you just mix everything together in the slow cooker and let it blend and cook.
If you are going out for the day, it only takes a few minutes to sauté the chicken, garlic, and onion, and then you can leave the mixture, with the other ingredients, to cook happily in the slow cooker until you return home. That is when the amazing aroma of crockpot white chicken chili hits you, the moment you get home, and of course you can serve it right away and enjoy the amazing flavors of this easy crockpot recipe.
The mustard powder and cumin give this dish just enough spice to make it flavorful without being too hot. You will also enjoy the garlic and onion flavors and the typical cilantro and cheese garnish, if you enjoy making Mexican crockpot recipes like this delicious crockpot white chicken chili dish. This is a really flavorsome recipe, which you will want to make again and again and it goes well with warm bread and butter instead of the tortilla chips, if you fancy a soft layer underneath, rather than a crunchy one.
- ¾ lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 cans great northern beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups baked tortilla chips
- %u215B teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese Handful of cilantro
- Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium high heat and add the chicken.
- Sauté until it is no longer pink then set it aside.
- Add the garlic and onion to the skillet and cook until soft.
- Put the chicken in the crockpot with the garlic and onions.
- Add the wine, beans, cumin, mustard powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 to 6 hours over a low heat and serve over tortilla chips.
- Garnish with the cheese and cilantro.
Ten Great Reasons to Use a Crockpot
1. Crockpot cooking is easy, even if you are an inexperienced cook. There are 4 ingredient crockpot recipes and 5 ingredient crockpot recipes, which just involve adding the ingredients, turning the machine on and waiting for several hours. Some of the very best crockpot recipes are the simplest ones.
2. Slow cooker recipes are so versatile. You can make much more than crockpot soups and stews in there. You can make crockpot appetizer recipes, crockpot dessert recipes and many other kinds of easy crockpot recipes. You can also match your slow cooker to your family because they come in sizes ranging from one and a half quarts to seven quarts. If you are not sure which size to get, go for a bigger one because crockpot meals reheat well and you can make roasts in the bigger ones more easily. A three and a half quart one is ideal if there are only two of you.
3. You can start your crockpot meals as late as four hours in advance or as early as ten hours in advance. Most crockpot recipes can be cooked on high for four to five hours or on low for eight to ten hours but if you have to leave the food in the crockpot for an extra hour because dinner is unexpectedly delayed it will not be ruined.
4. Slow cookers make cleaning up easy. Most slow cookers have a removable ceramic dish, which is easy to clean. Cleaning one ceramic dish is far better than having several pots and pans to wash up.
5. A crockpot recipe will cook itself. This means you can add the ingredients, combine them, turn the appliance on and go off to do something else. You do not have to watch a crockpot, stand over it or even stir the recipe. Just leave it alone and it will cook your meal perfectly by itself.
6. Sometimes you will not feel like using a regular oven because the weather is hot and you know that using an oven or cooking on the stove makes the house even hotter. Crockpots do not heat the house up like ovens do or like stove cooking does.
7. Crockpots use less electricity than the oven, which means you can save money on electricity. A crockpot actually uses about the same amount of electricity as a light bulb. You can save money on your food bill as well, since cheap cuts of meat come out beautifully in the slow cooker.
8. Potluck suppers are simplified if you have a crockpot. You can warm sauces or dips in the crockpot or cook cocktail meatballs and take them to the party still in the cooker or in the removable liner.
9. You can keep food warm until dinnertime in your slow cooker. Some models have a keep warm setting and will automatically switch to it when the food has finished cooking. This is great if you have a big family and some might be home later than the others.
10. Crockpot recipes are often more flavorful and tender than recipes cooked by other methods. A crockpot cooks a meal in its own juices, maximizing flavor. This also allows for healthy crockpot recipes, since you do not have to add any fats or oils to many crockpot recipes. You can make a roast in the crockpot and it will be tender enough to fall apart when you try to cut it. If you want to make roasts, getting an oval shaped crockpot is a good idea.
Try These Delicious Easy Crockpot Recipes
Here is just a sampling of our delicious crockpot recipes you’ll find plenty more inside the site.
Here Are Some Good Crockpot Buying Choices
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76081 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43119 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36116 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25270 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (22365 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19595 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19486 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (18041 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17571 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15772 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013