Crockpots used to come in one variety only but these days there are lots of different types of crockpots to choose from. You can choose the shape, the size, the functions, and even the color.
Traditional Slow Cookers
The most traditional type of slow cookers are manual ones and these come with a low and high heat setting and maybe medium as well. They have glass lids so you can see the food cooking and they often have removable, dishwasher-safe stoneware. Some models do not have removable interiors and you need to sponge these clean with soapy water without getting the electrics wet.
Handy Programmable Crockpots
If you want something a bit better, what about one of the new programmable crockpots? You can get slow cookers which give you one-touch control and allow you to program multiple temperature and time settings, so if you are going to be out all day but you want to cook a five hour crockpot recipes, you can add the ingredients to the crockpot in the morning, perhaps some frozen chicken breasts, vegetables, herbs and broth, and then program it to begin cooking five hours before you are due to be home.
The chicken will slowly thaw through the morning and the slow cooker will activate itself at the time you have specified. You can also program it to stop cooking after the five hours are up and switch to the “keep warm” setting, in case you are late home.
Cook and Carry Crockpots
If you want to make food in your slow cooker and take it with you to a party, picnic or another kind of get-together, you might like to find out more about cook and carry crockpots. These come with travel bags, carrying handles, leak-proof locking lids and more, so you can bring your delicious homemade crockpot recipes with you anywhere.
The Best Slow Cookers for Entertaining or High Volume Cooking
You can get two or three in one crockpots, allowing you to slow cook multiple dishes at the same time. These are great for buffets because you can also serve the food out of them. Whether you want to keep a hot dip hot or a sate sauce warm, a crockpot like this would be great.
If you are going to cook a lot, you can get a high capacity crockpot, meaning that you can cook twelve portions of food in there. Obviously if there are just two or three, of you this is unnecessary but if you are regularly cooking for a lot of people or you like to make extra food and freeze it, a large crockpot is a good idea. If you sometimes cook much less, you might want to invest in a pair of crockpots – a big one and a small one.
An oval crockpot is handy for cooking a whole chicken but a round one takes up less space on your worktop. A large crockpot is great for cooking big portions but a smaller one is cheaper. It is up to you, which type of slow cooker to choose, and it depends on how often you will be using it, what kind of food you might want to cook in it and your budget.
For occasional cooking, you might be happy with a traditional slow cooker but if you are going to use it often and you are out of the house all day, a programmable crockpot might be the answer to your prayers. Have a look at some different kinds before you choose one.
One Response to Different Types of Crockpots – Which is Best?
Leave a Reply
- Popular Breakfast Foods February 19, 2015
- Frankenfood Should We Really be Worried? November 24, 2014
- Poverty the American Shame November 23, 2014
- The State of Poverty and Food in America November 23, 2014
- Thanksgiving Then and Now November 22, 2014
- The Anatomy of a Day-After Turkey Sandwich November 21, 2014
- How to Make a Homemade Hamburger August 30, 2014
- Asian Beef Salad Recipe August 30, 2014
- One of the Best Chicken Parmesan Recipes August 27, 2014
- How to Make Brined Roast Turkey Recipes August 26, 2014
- Indulgent Chocolate Dessert Recipes with Nuts August 25, 2014
- Baked Ham and Potato Gratin August 24, 2014
- Traditional Stuffed Cabbage Recipes August 23, 2014
- Wine Around the World July 7, 2014
- Wine 101 – Which Wine to Pick in a Restaurant July 7, 2014
- What is a Wine Aerator and Do You Need One? July 7, 2014
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sweet Red Wine July 7, 2014
- Wine Making Equipment for Homemade Wine July 7, 2014
- Home (69306 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (41344 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (31531 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (17193 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (13740 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (12066 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (12039 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (11554 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (9971 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (9869 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013