If you are totally new to crockpot cooking, choose a couple of simple recipes first, just to familiarize yourself with this new cooking method. Most crockpot meals are easy to prepare but making something with four or five ingredients is a good idea if you have never used a slow cooker before. Then as you become more familiar with it you can try other recipes, perhaps making a dessert in there such as crockpot rice pudding or a crockpot cake recipe.
Crockpot classics such as thick meaty soups and rich stews are traditionally served in the cooler months and while you don’t have to stick to this as a hard and fast rule, you might like to make a delicious crockpot casserole recipe or a thick chowder if the weather is chilly, because these dishes will have your home smelling beautiful and they will also warm you up.
Slow cookers have been around for years but the recipes have changed. For example, there are plenty of international recipes for the crockpot today, which were not available when our mothers and grandmothers were using their crockpots. If you enjoy sampling new cuisines, there are plenty of exciting recipes that you can try.
Old Fashioned Crockpot Recipes
Sometimes it is nice to make classic recipes and other times it is good to try something new. If you love hearty beef stew, chunky chicken casserole, or thick vegetable soup, why not make one of these delicious dishes in your slow cooker? These crockpot dishes have been around for many years but the fact that they have stood the test of time and are still popular means they must be good.
Because the flavors of your ingredients blend so well when slow cooking, you will not need to add a lot of flavors and seasonings to most crockpot recipes. They will develop their own amazing flavors and the taste each ingredient will shine through in the finished dish.
Cooking Tips for Perfect Crockpot Recipes
Since all crockpot recipes are different (and there are so many of them!), the best cooking tip for crockpot recipes is to follow the recipe carefully. Many crockpot recipes are very simple and will just tell you to add the ingredients to the slow cooker and switch it on, but there are a few other things to bear in mind when making tasty slow cooker recipes. It is important that the most dense ingredients (usually the potatoes, carrots, and other hard veggies) go on the bottom and the softer ones, such as the meat or chicken, go on top. The denser ingredients have a longer cooking time and this ensures everything is ready at the same time.
It is also useful to learn how different ingredients react to slow cooking. Some herbs and spices lose their flavor if you cook them for too long and others become more intensely flavored. A lot of expensive cuts of meat will toughen in a crockpot but many of the cheaper ones will come out ultra-tender and flavorful, which is a bonus because it means you can often make the most mouthwatering meals for a fraction of the price of conventional stove-top ones. There are plenty of other handy cooking tips for the crockpot that you will discover as you make more of our tasty crockpot recipes.
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76085 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43126 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36131 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25304 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (22443 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19678 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19526 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (18068 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17606 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15818 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013