Crockpot recipes make it possible to cook a healthy, tasty meal without having to use the oven or stove. This is one of the main reasons why crockpots are so popular. Buying a crockpot can be fun but it can also be confusing since there are many different models to choose from.
A Few Things to Think About
The first thing to think about is how big your family is because this affects the size of crockpot you should buy. What kind of foods are you going to cook in your crockpot? You can make crockpot soups, crockpot dessert recipes, and crockpot roast dinners in addition to the better known crockpot stews.
Do you go to a lot of pot luck dinners and, if so, will you want a crockpot that you can bring with you? Do you want a detachable style of crockpot that you can wash in the dishwasher? These are the kinds of questions you should ask yourself before you buy a crockpot.
Some of the newer styles of crockpot have clamps to seal the lid so the contents do not spill out. They have covers so you can travel with them. This is very handy for people who attend pot luck suppers and other functions because you can make easy crockpot recipes and bring them with you. You can also get little porcelain slow cookers which are nice for somebody who likes to display attractive dinnerware in their kitchen.
Modern Crockpot Features
Some slow cookers have knobs, some have dials, and some have touch pads, which you can adjust according to which crockpot meals you are making in there. A lot of crockpots have a high, a medium and a low setting although some people are happy with just a high and a low. Some crockpots also have a keep warm setting or you can program them to start cooking when you are out of the house and stop cooking after a certain period of time. You might or might not want or need this.
You can get cheap crockpots at K-Mart or Wal-Mart. Pretty much any department store will have crockpots for sale in the cookware department and you can also find them online at websites such as Amazon.com.
Crockpots come in glass, porcelain, or stainless steel. Some have glass lids. Others have plastic lids. Some are dishwasher safe and others can be soaked in the sink. Some crockpots have side clamps that seal the lid with a hole to release the steam, making them similar to pressure cookers.
If you have a big family, you will probably want a big crockpot and preferable one where you can detach the inside for washing in the dishwasher. There are lots of different types of crockpots so you should browse what is available before making your final decision.
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76085 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43126 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36131 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25306 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (22448 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19681 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19526 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (18068 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17606 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15819 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013