Before you buy your first slow cooker, there are some things to bear in mind. The size, including the width and depth, of the crockpot matter because if you have a small family a large crockpot will be uneconomical. Taking the time to choose the right crockpot is one of the first crockpot cooking tips you will need.
You might also want to get a crockpot liner. This makes it easy to take your crockpot recipes to functions and it means you can keep the food warm without burning yourself. There are also crockpot liners you put inside the slow cooker so you do not have to wash it out. These make washing up easier because you will not have to scrub out stuck-on food.
Browning Meat and Removing Fat
Other cooking tips, hints and information include the fact that it is not necessary to brown meat, apart from hamburger meat, if you are making crockpot meals. Hamburger meat is browned to get rid of the excess fat, which does not do well in crockpot cooking. After browning the meat in a skillet, you would drain off the excess fat before adding the meat to the crockpot.
You should also remove the skin from chicken before making a crockpot recipe, unless you want to use the skin for flavor. If so, remove the skin from the slow cooker when the bouillon is made and rinse the chicken in cold water before adding it.
Other basic cooking tips for slow cooker recipes include placing ingredients in the crockpot in the right order. Vegetables are denser than meat and usually cook slower. This means that you might want to arrange the vegetables in the crockpot first and put the meat on top of them.
If you are using a frozen piece of meat, for example to make a roast dinner, you can put this in the slow cooker first instead of the vegetables. If you are new to crockpot cooking, you will find that the best crockpot recipes tell you, which order to use as well as the best, slow cooker cooking times.
How to Check if Your Crockpot Recipes are Ready
Easy crockpot recipes make dinnertime simple but how do you know when your meals are done? Steam and heat are used in crockpot cookery to cook your meals and most crockpots come with a clear glass lid. If it is a round lid, twist it a bit, so the water drips off, and you can see the food. If it is oval, tap the top of the lid for the water to drip off. Remember that if you lift the lid, steam escapes and this can add twenty minutes of extra cooking time to your crockpot recipes.
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76066 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43080 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36034 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25044 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (21969 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19286 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19136 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (17912 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17394 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15533 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013