Orange oil is perfect for adding a zing of flavor to recipes which would benefit from its citrusy taste. Add a couple of drops to your next cake, cookie, cheesecake or brownie recipe and see how the lively orange flavor complements the other sweet flavors in the recipe, or try it with something savory like a duck or pork recipe. Orange oil boats a lovely, fresh flavor, and it is a worthy addition to your collection of oils.
The skins of about 220 oranges are cold-pressed to get 5 ounces of orange oil, so you can understand why the flavor is so rich and intense. Add orange oil to muffin or pie recipes, or use ¼ to ½ teaspoon of it if a recipe calls for a tablespoon of orange zest, to add the same fruity flavor but more quickly and easily than having to grate zest off the fruit.
The Appeal of Orange Oil
Forget scraping your knuckles grating orange zest and use this oil instead if your recipes. Versatile enough to give added flavor to all kinds of cake, cookie and dessert recipes, you can also use this oil to enhance your duck a l’orange. Add it to cupcake icing to give it an orange color tint plus add a citrus flavor, or use it to flavor biscotti or citrus cheesecake.
This oil is 90% limonene, making it suitable for use in household cleaning products. Not only will it cut through dirt and grease, but it will leave an attractive fragrance in its wake. This oil is an environmentally-friendly solvent and is found in stain removers, adhesives and also in some agricultural products. Orange oil may be used in aromatherapy. Did you know that just a sniff of orange oil can lower blood pressure a couple of points? This aroma is also believed to be a sedative, and good for indigestion, cramping or muscle spasms.
Where to Buy Orange Oil
You can find this oil in health food stores or specialty grocery stores. To be assured of a good quality product though, it might be a good idea to order it online somewhere with plenty of positive reviews.
Uses for Orange Oil
- 1. Add a few drops to vanilla frosting for a citrus flavor and also to add a hint of orange color.
- 2. Orange goes beautifully with chocolate so use orange oil in chocolate cake, chocolate cookies or chocolate brownie recipes to add a zing to the flavor.
- 3. Are you making duck a l’orange? Why not add a few drops of orange oil to the sauce mixture to bring out the flavor of the duck and give the dish an authentic flavor.
- 4. Orange oil can be used in aromatherapy, either during a massage or as a bath additive. It can lift the mood, make you feel energized and alert, reduce indigestion and cramps, and it is also good choice if you are suffering from a cold or the flu.
- 5. Whisk some with black pepper, extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a tasty vinaigrette which is wonderful drizzled over mixed salad leaves.
Photo Credit: Boyajian Orange Oil (12.7 Oz)
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (76081 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (43119 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (36116 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (25270 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (22365 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (19595 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (19486 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (18041 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (17571 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (15772 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013