Hamburgers themselves can be served in many different ways. The most common way to serve a hamburger is to put the patty between two halves of a hamburger roll but you can also serve hamburgers in gravy or in sauce.
Healthy Side Dishes
If you want to balance an indulgent hamburger recipe or cheeseburger recipe with something nutritious, there are plenty of options. If you are wondering what to serve with hamburgers on a hot day, what about a crisp, fresh salad?
You can use whatever salad ingredients you have in the refrigerator to make a tasty salad. Lettuce, onion, tomato, beets, chopped boiled egg, and nuts make a nice salad and you can either serve salad dressing on the side or drizzle some over the salad just before serving. Do not put it on too early, else the salad will go limp and soggy.
Vegetables make good side dishes too, if you are thinking about what to serve with hamburgers. If you are grilling your hamburgers you can also make some grilled vegetable recipes as an accompaniment. Corn on the cob, bell peppers, mushrooms and onion all grill beautifully and easy grilled vegetable kabobs look great and taste amazing.
You might like to serve a baked potato with your hamburger recipes and you can partially cook it in the microwave and finish it off on the grill if you want to.
Not So Healthy Side Dishes
Sometimes the not so healthy hamburger side dishes are the most enjoyable and traditional hamburger side dishes include French fries, onion rings, fried potato wedges and more.
What to serve with hamburgers also depends on the size of the hamburgers. If you are simply serving hamburger patties or sloppy joes, you can make mashed potatoes, boiled vegetables, and gravy. If you are making double bacon cheeseburgers, that might be a meal in itself and require no side dishes!
If you are having a cookout, what about preparing a few side dishes that people can help themselves to? Some of your guests might want some salad, French fries, onion rings or whatever and others might be happy with just their hamburgers.
A Selection of Hamburger Toppings
Macaroni salad, baked beans and pasta salad are all nice with hamburgers and you can also serve hamburger toppings for people to help themselves to.
Hamburger toppings, which people can add at the end of the hamburger cooking time, include cheese slices, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and beets. You can leave these out so people can select their preferred toppings when the hamburgers are done.
If you are going to make fried eggs as hamburger toppings you will want to find out in advance how many people want them because they do not do very well sitting around in the sun! The same applies to cheese and you should find out in advance who wants hamburgers and who would prefer cheeseburgers. The cheese should melt over the hamburger patty, not on the table waiting for the hamburger to finish cooking!
What to serve with hamburgers varies from person to person. Some people adore the flavor of beef and want nothing more than the flavor of the beef and the flavor of the hamburger bun it is served in. It is a good idea to prepare a few side dishes though. If you are in a rush, keep it simple with French fries and salad or corn on the cob and potato salad and everyone will be happy.
Leave a Reply
- How to Make a Homemade Hamburger August 30, 2014
- Asian Beef Salad Recipe August 30, 2014
- One of the Best Chicken Parmesan Recipes August 27, 2014
- How to Make Brined Roast Turkey Recipes August 26, 2014
- Indulgent Chocolate Dessert Recipes with Nuts August 25, 2014
- Baked Ham and Potato Gratin August 24, 2014
- Traditional Stuffed Cabbage Recipes August 23, 2014
- Wine Around the World July 7, 2014
- Wine 101 – Which Wine to Pick in a Restaurant July 7, 2014
- What is a Wine Aerator and Do You Need One? July 7, 2014
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sweet Red Wine July 7, 2014
- Wine Making Equipment for Homemade Wine July 7, 2014
- Spanish Wine Information – Grape Varieties in Spain July 7, 2014
- The Main White Wine Types of France July 7, 2014
- Home (51081 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (40581 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (26282 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (13033 Views)
- Easy Crockpot Recipes for Turkey Breast (10739 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (9479 Views)
- Spicy Pulled Pork Crockpot Recipes (8983 Views)
- Gourmet Bacon Wrapped Hamburger (8071 Views)
- Simple Comfort Food – Crockpot Sloppy Joes (7946 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (7261 Views)
- Slow Cooker Recipe Chicken Piccata (6990 Views)
- Juicy Turkey Meatloaf in Crockpot (6241 Views)
- Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo (5680 Views)
- How to Make Juicy Hamburger Patties (5436 Views)
- Crockpot Swiss Steak Recipes (5189 Views)
- Homemade Turkey Brine Recipe (5156 Views)
- Best Crockpot Liver and Onions (5112 Views)
- Recipes for Panini Sandwiches (4866 Views)
- Glazed Carrots Recipe (4822 Views)
- Easy Crock Pot Pot Roast (4724 Views)
- Chicken Risotto with Healthy Vegetables (4551 Views)
- Traditional German Pumpernickel Hamburger Bun (4432 Views)
- Crockpot Chicken Recipe with an Herb Rub (4412 Views)
- Best Ever Shepards Pie (4314 Views)
- Spiced Greek Lamb and Beef Burger Recipe (4306 Views)
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013
- VegetarianSeptember 29, 2013
- ZucchiniSeptember 29, 2013
- VeggiesSeptember 29, 2013
- TomatoesSeptember 29, 2013
- SpinachSeptember 29, 2013
- RiceSeptember 29, 2013
- RhubarbSeptember 29, 2013
- PumpkinSeptember 29, 2013
- PotatoesSeptember 29, 2013
- PeppersSeptember 29, 2013