You might be wondering how to cook frozen hamburger patties so they do not taste like they have been frozen.
Frozen meat does not sear very well and breading or flour will not stick well to them. Frozen meat also takes longer to cook than fresh or defrosted meat.
If you only have frozen hamburger patties, however, it is possible to cook them without having to thaw them first and you can use the stove, the grill, or the broiler.
Cooking Frozen Hamburgers on the Stove
One of the best ways of cooking frozen burgers is to use the stove, some water, and a skillet. This keeps the burgers moist and tasty. Fill a skillet half way with water and turn the heat up to medium high. Add some seasonings to the water and bring it to a fast simmer. Put the patties in the water and add more seasoning.
Let them cook until one side is brown, then flip the burgers, and cook the other side. Poke a small hole through each one to release the pressure. Turn the heat down to medium and cook the patties until the juices run clear. This will take between six and ten minutes.
This is a great way to cook hamburgers from frozen because the water keeps them moist and the seasonings really penetrate into the meat.
Cooking Frozen Hamburgers on the Grill
You can cook hamburgers from frozen on the grill or by broiling them, rather than using the above method. You will need to move the grill rack about six inches from the heat source so the outside of the burger does not char while the inside is still partially frozen. If you want to broil the burgers, have the rack four or five inches from the heat.
Some chefs actually prefer cooking patties from frozen, especially if they are thin. This is because thawed or fresh patties cook so quickly.
How to Defrost Hamburger Patties
It is best to thaw patties over night in the refrigerator if you are going to eat them the following day. The hamburgers will defrost slowly and not drip too much, which means they will be tastier and juicier when you cook them. Burgers need about five hours per pound to thaw. After defrosting them, cook them within two days.
You can thaw hamburger patties in the microwave, although sometimes the meat starts to cook before the inside is completely thawed. This makes it difficult to sear the patties properly and keep them juicy. If you are thawing several burgers simultaneously, take them out after a few minutes and pull them apart. If you are defrosting one hamburger block, remove it from the microwave every couple of minutes to scrape the thawed surface.
It is useful to know how to cook frozen hamburger patties in case you forget to thaw them in the refrigerator the night before or in case you are having a cookout and you run out of food. Defrosted patties or frozen patties are safe to cook, as long as you check the inside has reached 160 degrees F before serving them and as long as the meat is cooked all the way through.
- Easy Grilled Eggplant with a Basil Tomato Salsa June 11, 2016
- Memorial Day Poem and Remembrance May 30, 2016
- The Updates Continue Notes from Site Owner Christine May 29, 2016
- How to Grill Vegetables for Perfect Results Every Time May 10, 2016
- How to Make the World’s Best Hamburger Recipes Guaranteed April 24, 2016
- Cleaning Barbecue Grills April 14, 2016
- A Few New Asparagus Ideas April 1, 2016
- How Do I Boil Easter Eggs? March 26, 2016
- How to Cook a Spiral-Sliced Ham March 12, 2016
- Traditional Easter Food and Easter Recipes March 6, 2016
- Romanian Baked Potato and Ham Recipe February 28, 2016
- Easy Cupcake Recipes to Make at Home February 11, 2016
- Valentine Recipe for Kids February 8, 2016
- Romantic Valentine Cupcake Recipe February 2, 2016
- Clever and Creative Valentine Food January 24, 2016
- Sensational Superbowl Party Food Ideas January 22, 2016
- Cheese and Tomato Mini Pizza Recipe January 20, 2016
- Pizza Makes Perfect Comfort Food January 19, 2016
- Home (75339 Views)
- Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe (42671 Views)
- Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Vanilla (35042 Views)
- How to Make the Best Homemade French Fries (22982 Views)
- Popular Breakfast Foods (18174 Views)
- Homemade Gravy Recipes (17394 Views)
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (16529 Views)
- Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe (15648 Views)
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe (14994 Views)
- Different Curry Regions (14929 Views)
- Different Curry RegionsFebruary 19, 2015
- A Guide to Essential Herbs for CookingFebruary 3, 2015
- RecipeographySeptember 4, 2014
- Wine Cellars More Then Just Wine StorageJuly 7, 2014
- Basic Wine Cellars - What to Look ForJuly 7, 2014
- An Introduction to Wine CollectingJuly 7, 2014
- Order Wine OnlineJuly 7, 2014
- Tips for Making the Best Cheeseburger RecipesNovember 16, 2013
- Good Crockpot RecipesNovember 2, 2013
- Orange Oil - The Vibrant OilOctober 1, 2013